Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Servers

• Please log in to reply

Raymond-Online

Raymond-Online

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Anybody know of any cheap servers i can buy that are located in the US? Not the servers you pay for monthly from a hosting company, but an actual cheap server under $500 that I can store at home.

Also: I'll need some links to server operation manuals. :tazz:

Edited by Raymond-Online, 30 May 2005 - 08:54 PM.

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hrmmm not really sure but my friend set up his old computer as a web server from his house. ill check it out

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Some of the smaller old HPs make good servers. They can hold quite a bit of memory, have good speed and don't use much power. The little computers they used to use at banks, the Unisys/HP Small pc 20 has a 333mhz processor, a 3 or 6 gb hardrive and can use up to 256mb of memory and you can find them quite cheaply if you look around. :tazz: