computer running very slow
Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:41 PM
Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:50 AM
My nick is maliprog and I'll will be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
We will start with some basic steps.
Please download ResetDMS from the link bellow. You must right click on the link and choose Save as.... Save it as resetdma.vbs on your desktop
Double click it to run it.
- Go to Start -> My Computer
- Right click on C: disk and clik on Properties
- Click on tab Tools and click on Check now... button
- Check Automatically fix system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
- Click Start button
- Confirm schedule disk check next time computer starts with Yes button
- Restart your system and wait while system checks your disk for errors
Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter
Click on Boot Time Defrag button and choose Restart-Defrag-Restart
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
netsvcs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe /md5start explorer.exe winlogon.exe Userinit.exe svchost.exe /md5stop %systemroot%\*. /mp /s hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.
Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- OTL log
- OTL Extras log
Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:24 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users