Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OXFFBADD11 error message

• Please log in to reply

fullmonty

fullmonty

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The following error message keeps coming up while windows tries to load...OXFFBADD11 When the message pops up the system keeps rebooting itself before windows can load. I have not been able to do anything with it. I researched a little and someone suggested that it may be a RAM issue.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Hi and welcome to GeekstoGo
To save your time and mine what have you tried up to now please

fullmonty

fullmonty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have tried to get a recovery. I do have a recovery disc but have not used it. Looking online the suggestions have all been under the assumption I can get onto windows which I can not yet. Then there is the dilemma with the error. All I have tried is to get online without use of the disc.

Thanks for your help

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
After the post screen keep tapping F8 key.
If you get to a screen with various boot options, try Safe Mode, just Safe Mode, not Safe Mode with networking.
If that is no good go back to that screen and try Last Known Good Configuration please.

If that is no go and the CD is ONLY the recovery CD and not the XP CD then make this CD on another computer and boot to the recovery console, having entered setup, normally F2 on first post screen, but it will say "To enter setup press ?"
maybe delete or another key, gthen in recovery console run "chkdsk /r" on the drive containing windows, normally the C drive to which it will direct you as the windows installation..

Download this
http://www.thecomput...om/files/rc.iso

That is an ISO file and must be burnt to a CD using an ISO burning program, you cannot simply burn that downloaded file using a normal burning program.

and make the CD using this
http://sites.google....-console-for-xp

the full iinstruction are on this link, note DO NOT insert a CD until the porgam tells you to.

Here are the instructions for recovery console
Please insert the XP CD, if necessary entering setup on F2 to change boot device priority to the CD.
However try it first booting with the CD in.
If your priority is already so set it will boot to that

When it does so PLEASE ensure that you are entering RECOVERY CONSOLE and not proceeding with an installation.
That is the REPAIR using recovery console - press R.

The password is the admin password try it blank first.
If that is not successful enter your password.

When you are in recovery console
type at the command prompt
"chkdsk /r"
without quotes and note space please between chkdsk and /r.

See this for clarification
Posted Image

Edited by Macboatmaster, 07 July 2011 - 02:53 AM.

fullmonty

fullmonty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have to wait until tomorrow to try the cd. When I tried safe mode the error message came up with failed to initialize properly 0xc0000006. The last known configuration would not work either. I will reply after I tried the last option. Thank you very much for your time ... much appreciated.

fullmonty

fullmonty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried and it is continuing to do the same thing. I did get into the recovery console but the command you suggested did not work. It stated it is an invalid command. I did not use spaces or any other markings. I was at the command prompt but had to put exit as I did not know how to further proceed. Please let me know what I could use at the command prompt. Thanks

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
"chkdsk /r"
without quotes and note space please between chkdsk and /r.

the cmd is chkdsk (space) /r. You type chkdsk /r

fullmonty

fullmonty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you for your response. Now I know what I was doing incorrectly.