Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

desktop me to vista with new monitor?

• Please log in to reply

freespirit63

freespirit63

• Pip
  • 0 posts
My monitor crapped out and I have long lost my photoshop cd and yet have images I would like to have. I received a flat monitor that notes it is vista compatible. I have the ME operating system on the compaq presario. We unsuccesfully tried to add the new monitor. Is this possible and how do we succeed? Thanks so much for any input!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you are trying to use a wide screen LCD the computer will not work. The older computers did not have the drivers to convert to wide screens. I did use a standard flat panel monitor(square one) on my Win ME computer but the display was terrible(640x480) as there were no drivers for the monitor. I think it would be far easier to pull the hard drive out of the computer and stick it in another computer and see if you can access the drive in windows explorer. You may be able to copy the pictures to the newer computer. The only real problem that may crop up is you might have to take ownership of the files on the drive if you passworded the computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

SRX660