Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows explorer broken

• Please log in to reply

Threeshotsolid

Threeshotsolid

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I was fooling around Installing 3rd party themes. I have an application which patches theme over the original ones

I had a nice theme, looked good then thought i would take it further by patching its system shell.

I forgot the shell was 64bit and i was using 32 bit win 7.

Now the windows explorer does not work and i cant see anything not even the background but i can get onto task manager.

How can i get onto that program and change the theme to a 32bit theme?? Or even restore the crucial parts of system 32 to default. Or how csn i do a recovery without windows explorer

Im not sure if this is the correct section, sorry if it isnt.
I in bed on my iphone now but i will stay up to mesage back, i will not be able to sort out the problem until tomorow morning (uk)

Thanks in advance. It is crucial i get doing my work on my laptop tomorow

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See this tutorial by Brink: http://www.sevenforu...m-restore.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

Follow Option Two:
Through System Recovery Options at Boot

Note: This will allow you to restore Windows 7 to a earlier restore point with a Windows 7 installation disc from the System Recovery Options screen at bootup. This can be handy if you cannot startup Windows 7.

Threeshotsolid

Threeshotsolid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
done and it worked. thanks for the advice.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Glad that worked. Thanks for letting me know.