Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird problem with new Adelphia connection

• Please log in to reply

mamessick

mamessick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:
I beg your help with this interesting problem, now on hour 30 without resolution. I recently moved and had to switch to Adelphia's cable internet service. The service has great connectivity, and everything works fine except when I try to load http:// sites. I get the "cannot load" screen every time, regardless of whether I use IE, Firefox, even Outlook and iTunes. Strangely, secured sites work fine. Also, I cannot connect to my POP3 account on Outlook. I have tried everything including uninstalling Norton Internet Security and switching off Windows firewall, both without success. Strangely, I have absolutely no issues when using a public wireless internet site (like I am now) or connecting to my neighbor's wireless router. Any help would be appreciated for this FRUSTRATING problem. Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just a guess that your new ISP address is not being recognized are is allowed for non-secure sites. Possibly go in and setup new connections as to how you are connecting to the Internet for Outlook and XP. I don't use Win XP, but there is probably a Connections Wizard/Manager that you can use.

Check your Help file for Win XP to see if it covers problems like this.

Sorry this isn't much help. Other Win XP users should get to you soon with ideas or solutions.

Ron

compbruts

compbruts

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Many Adelphia users are currently experiencing this problem - winsock is being attacked in some mode - more on the topic soon!