Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Getting a new video card...

• Please log in to reply

Wolf82

Wolf82

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hey, all.
I've been recently buying some newer games (Like BFBC2.) while they're on sale on Steam.
I bought them with the knowledge I probably wouldn't be able to play them, and I was right. For the past few months, I've been thinking about getting a new card. The thing is: I'm not sure what to get.
I've wrote to Nvidia, given them my specs, and they tell me one thing. I've asked tech friends, they've said another. I've looked around on the internet, and I've got tons of different responses (Not personally, but just from research about what you need to have for certain cards and what they can do).
So, basically, broken down, my question is this:
http://support.gatew...008880sp3.shtml
With those specs, what video card do you think I could get that would run well, and also run modern games well (I.E. BFBC2, IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover, ect)?

Thanks.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
This is only an example to use as a guide (as it is out of stock) http://www.tigerdire...9719&CatId=3669 you will notice it only requires a 300W PSU which is one of if not the most important things to consider when upgrading a video card another is will it fit in the case.

Wolf82

Wolf82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hm, alright. I'll keep this in mind when looking around. Thank you.
But, do you have any specific suggestions for a card?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts

But, do you have any specific suggestions for a card?

The card I suggested would be my recommendation so try shopping local or Newegg, if you consider anything else please remember your present PSU limitations.