Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP - 2012 Secuirty virus and Blue screen of Death

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

KeithLawrence

KeithLawrence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Michael,

Thanks for all of the help. I have been able to access all of my programs and related data and I do think it is time for a new PC. This is a 15 year old Dell that I have bandaided together and I see that a new tower would be less than $300. I'm thinking of going to a Mac to reduce virus and spyware and since I mainly use this PC for iTunes and such it may be the way to go. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
Keith

Advertisements

michaelg9

michaelg9

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,949 posts
Hello there,

Just to let you know we are not far from the finish at the cleaning. However if you decided to discard this system it's OK :)

As for the Mac idea, I can't tell you if that's a good idea as I don't have one. You are right that there aren't much malware targeting Macs at the moment, but if you take a look at this forum you will see that malware on OSX is a work in progress :unsure:

Otherwise if you are willing to buy a new tower you can find some hot tech deals here

If I were you however, I wouldn't go for a Mac as it's three times the price of a normal PC, and I believe that it's not worth it if you are just using it for itunes and such.

Make a good choice :yes:

michaelg9

michaelg9

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,949 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.