Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GTX 460 (Causing system interrupts?)

• Please log in to reply

Adrean

Adrean

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I just Upgraded a few components on my computer. For clarification i will post Post and Pre upgraded specs. Any Modules not listed in "Post" was not changed.

"Pre-upgrade"

HP H57 Elite7000 Desktop
Motherboard - MS-7613 Iona-GL8E
OS - 64bit Win7
Video Card- ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Processor - Intel i3 [email protected] (Quad Core)
Audio - Realtek HD
PSU - Bestec 300W

"Post-upgrade"

Video Card- Geforce GTX 460
PSU- Antec EA-750 (750W)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now when upgrading my Video card i knew i'd need a new PSU (Bestec's are crap) and fully updated drivers. So I update all my drivers and remove the ATI Video driver to prepare for the new one. Shutdown, install the new video card. Start back up, and this is what i find.........

[See Image Attachment below]

80% to 100% PC usage from system interrupts. I have no clue what to do. I've scanned for malware.And I can't really run tests with the video card installed because it takes forever to start and run a program and even when I do (20 mins to load system monitor to take this screen shot) the programs freeze or hang. Right now i'm running with my new PSU and OLD video card and everything runs fine. I can only assume the new video card is at fault somehow.

Any Ideas?

Attached Thumbnails

• high interupts.png

Advertisements

Adrean

Adrean

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Anyone?