Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan-Spy.HTML.smitfraud.c

• Please log in to reply

Amarillo58

Amarillo58

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am very new at all this but I really need help. I have been reading some of the posts on this topic and need for someone to help me through from the start. I have already done a scan with Trend micro PC-cillin and it cleared some other problems but this one as I can tell, is a doozy. I won't be able to do much tonight but maybe someone can help me to get started. I have a Dell laptop, Inspiron 8200 and really need your help. Thanks to anyone that can help me. Also, I am not as computer savvy as I would like to be so may ask lots of questions. Once it is gone, if it is ever gone are there any good ways to keep this kind of thing from happening again.

Amarillo58

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808

First I need you to read and install the files HERE.
Follow the recommended configurations and settings for each applications.

RUN in the following order in Safe Mode:
1. Run Ad-Aware
2. Run CWShredder
3. Run Spybot S&D
4. Run CleanUp at least twice

Even the best antispyware programs are only able to remove about 70% of infections. Also, the line between spyware and trojans is getting blurred. You can never be too careful with these, I recommend at least one online scan.

Now, REBOOT in Normal Mode and have an On-line scan at this sites: Trend Micro or Panda Scan.

REBOOT.
Now make sure to close all other windows and you are NOT connected to the internet. Open HijackThis! and Scan.

Then post a log as a new topic in the HijackThis Forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Amarillo58

Amarillo58

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you Kool808 I will try to do all that tomorrow evening after work. I really appreciate your help and suggestions. Just hoping I can get something done on this.