Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovery is using all my disk space.. Now what :(

• Please log in to reply

adamjanicemoyer

adamjanicemoyer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had to recover my Dell Inspiron 1545. Now my recovery drive F is using up all my disk space. How do I fix this?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm sorry but what you said make no sense. Please post a screen shot of your Disk Management window, expanded so we can see all hard drive information.

Make sure the window you want to capture has the focus.
Press Alt+Print Screen. That will capture the active window.
Start MSPaint - Start then Run, type mspaint and press Enter.
Press Ctrl+v to paste the picture in to MS Paint.
Click File then Save as and save it to your Desktop.

Start a new reply.
Click on the Browse button below the message input area.
Navigate to where you saved the picture, select it and click on Open.
Click on Attach This File.
Once uploaded, click on Add To Post to the far right of the Attachments area.
Scroll down and click Preview Post to verify the image shows.

To see Disk Management, click on Start then Run, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
I think what he means is that the F: drive is probably red showing that its full, but his C: drive is probably still empty.
If thats what you mean then your F: drive is just a partition on your Hard Drive don't worry about it focus on your C: drive space thats usually where your windows is installed.

Do not delete your Recovery Parition (F:) you might need it later in case your system crashes.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Probably true but I'd still like to see a screen shot of Disk Management.

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
When people don't reply is because they usually figured out the problem but why don't they post feedback to help everyone else who has the same problem lol

adamjanicemoyer

adamjanicemoyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry guys, I haven't been on in a while. I appreciate your suggestions. I went onto the dell website & copied the directions word for word & started from the beginning. When I did this the first time, I did not complete all the steps required, so therefore it put my recovery & my primary disk space on the same drive. I went into my BIOS settings & changed the boot order & also did a quick format. I had all my original dvds that came with my computer & wanted to start from scratch. I now have my computer back to the way it was & can download & run normally. I love this site & will be using it anytime i'm in need of someone who knows who what they're doing. I appreciate you guys taking time out for all of us who aren't very computer savvy. :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Really glad you have it working again. Persistence pays off, especially with computer problems.