Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

usb error

• Please log in to reply

lifeverlast

lifeverlast

• Pip
  • 2 posts
win xp home
intel desktop board d845gvsr
chipset 845g
usb model ?
usb is integrated into mother board

my usb ports are not working at all. wont recognise any device attatched.Universal serial bus is not in my device manager. tryed bios but when i click on usb advanced there is no options. i have downloaded all the drivers and still nothing. i even reinstalled window to see if it had messed any thing up. i haven't found any help sites that have the same problem. so any help would be great.

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
have you tried to test other USB devices other the one that experiences the problem. Have you tried all connections.

Please download and install Everest Home Edition, found on my signature below. Ran a hardware report and post a HTML attachment.

I will suggest where to download specific drivers. By the way, you mentioned you installed drivers, where did you got those did you have an installer CD?

lifeverlast

lifeverlast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
here is the report. i got the drivers from intel site. got all new bios, usb, chipset, and a few others.

i have tryed all other ports and useing other devices they all act the same.

Attached Files

Edited by lifeverlast, 02 June 2005 - 02:51 PM.