Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Movie Maker

• Please log in to reply

mwaljn

mwaljn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I can play video clips from my collections gallery fine. Then, I drag the usable clips onto the timeline, and they will play from there once. If I try to play them again, nothing plays, except a transparent greenish/yellow line appears across the bottom of the video screen. It looks like its trying to play, but no video or audio actually plays.
Any ideas what the issue could be?
I have Windows XP, a Sparkle GEForce 8400 GS 1 BG DDR3 video card, intel pentium 4 processor, and have added 2 Kingston Ram sticks 1024 mb each, DDR 2.
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

mohinder11

mohinder11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hmmmmm - I've had a very similar problem to this in the past with windows movie maker. It turned out that it was my video card driver. Perhaps you could try that, or look to upgrade your editing suite. Windows movie maker is great for basic editing, but if you find that you need more than one timeline, I would suggest a different suite.