Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with Network Card plzzz

• Please log in to reply

DarkWolff

DarkWolff

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I bought a computer about a year ago and i just reformated it this morning. I finished reformating and installed Windows XP. Now, my computer doesn't read my network card. I know I need to update the driver, but I have no idea how because my computer didn't come with any appropriate software(just a floppy for RAID...)

ANyone got any suggestions? :tazz:

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Download and install EVEREST.

It should tell you exactly what your NIC is..

Murray

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
go to the nic's manufacturers website. you should be able to download the appropriate drivers there...if that's what you were wondering that is...

DarkWolff

DarkWolff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
tHanks a ton!!! I downloaded that file and put it on my computer then downloaded the driver. That's awesome, thanks a lot man that saved me a crazy lot of time than calling the customer support and having them try to figure it out. Thanks!

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Not a problem!! Glad we could help!! :tazz:

Murray