Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Gaming Build

• Please log in to reply

Derivative

Derivative

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all, I've been into computers for years but I don't think I'm at the level where I can build one myself just yet. So I went to the local shop to get an estimate and the following is what the guy proposed for 1250$ tax inc. I'm looking for advice if what he provided me with is good or not. Suggestions for what to replace and the such are welcome.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68-D3H-B3

CPU: Intel i5-2500K

GPU: GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB 192-bit [Debating replacing this with a GTX460 1GB 256-bit]

RAM: Kingston 8GB @ 1600Mhz [Debating switching brands to G.Skill or Corsair]

SSD: OCZ Vertex 50GB [I asked for this mainly to store the OS, making switch from XP 32-bit to 7 64-bit]

HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM [Debating if I should switch this for Samsung Spinpoint F3]

PSU: Ultra Products 750W [Never heard of this company before, any good?]

Case: Antec One Hundred ATX-Mid Tower

I want to run most games at medium settings @ a resolution of 1440x900 for the next 2-3 years enabling the SLI and OC'ing when needed in the future.

Advertisements