Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Virus hid all files, now google and bing redirects.

• Please log in to reply

bam25

bam25

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was online a couple of days ago and clicked on a link, than a fake virus scan popped up. It ended up taking all of my files (pictures, videos, favorites) and hiding them. I didn’t know what to do to get rid of the virus so I just did a system restore on my computer and restored it back to factory. I lost all of my pictures and everything after that because now when I look under my hidden files they are no longer there, which I knew that would happen if I did a system restore. Anyways…I’m not worried about that. Now, when I click on a link on google or bing it redirects me to another page, usually a shopica page. I can go type in the web address in the main search bar though and it will come up. Also under my c files now I find some system files and was wondering what they are.They have Microsoft\CryptnetURLcache in them. How can I still have a virus if I did a full system restore? What do I do?

Edited by bam25, 08 July 2011 - 05:23 PM.

Advertisements

bam25

bam25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Also, a popup keeps popping up saying that internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.