Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

clock

• Please log in to reply

geona

geona

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Since I reinstalled my computer, the clock does not keep the right time. Often changes by 6-7-8- hours. I adjust it when it goes awry, but days later changes again. There is not a choice with am and pm. thank you for reading this, I hope you can help. geona

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Your CMOS battery might be low. Go into the BIOS and check the date/time there.

geona

geona

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your prompt reply. I do not know how to get into BIOS. I should have said I am a novice. Can you help me further, please. Thank you, geona

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
It's usually the del or F2 key. Look at your POST screen for an indication of Setup. If you have a splash screen instead of a POST screen sometimes tab will make it switch to the POST screen.

If you still can't get in, look at the manual that came with your motherboard or computer mfg or have a look at this page.

geona

geona

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, skifxr. I have to leave off to carry out another project around the home, but I will follow your advice. Thank you very much. geona

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hello .... Welcome to GeeksToG

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL or F1 or F2 or Esc or F10 button

How old is the computer?
What type of computer is it? laptop or desktop?
What brand of computer? Dell, HP, Compaq, home built?

As stated I also suspect the cmos battery is dead/bad and will need to be changed.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Since I reinstalled my computer, the clock does not keep the right time. Often changes by 6-7-8- hours. I adjust it when it goes awry, but days later changes again. There is not a choice with am and pm. thank you for reading this, I hope you can help. geona

Since it always changes by the same amount of hours (6- 7 -8) I am guessing that your Time Zone setting in Windows for your clock is not set right.

Either go to the control panel and change your time zone or right click on your clock and choose adjust time/clock.

When you reinstalled windows it probably got set it to a default time zone that is not the same as yours and now it adjusts itself with internet time base on your time zone settings.

Hope that helps