Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screens -- CONSTANTLY

• Please log in to reply

johnsmommie

johnsmommie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been battleing with my computer for at least a year now, with constant blue screens and crashes.

It will crash sometimes up to two or three times before I get it to run, then boom. I took it in to the Geek SQuad who told me it was not hardware, covered by my plan, but had to be software and it was the virus program. I took that off and it still does it.

I get anything from a bad pool caller, to system service execption, to... they are never all the same.

I am sure it's something simple, I tried to update the bios, but according to Gateway i have the most current.

I am really not that tech savy about this part of using computers (an ace at using programs and reseach -- but so far nothing I have tried has worked).

As far as I can tell I do not have a disc to restore to, but I guess if I have to can try and find the right information. This computer was purchased before Win 7 was installed on computers two years ago, but I got the upgrade for free.

Please help.

Advertisements

Arranf

Arranf

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey johnsmommie,

I have a couple of questions. You say Windows 7 didn't come originally installed, did you do a fresh install or was it an upgrade? Also, have you ever used any 'registry cleanup' tools?

Arranf

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
his computer was purchased before Win 7 was installed on computers two years ago, but I got the upgrade for free. :)