A bit of research has indicated that it is a security measure on some sites to authorise the user and ensure that they are legitimate and not bots - this is from facebook
which uses it
Facebook Platform uses the OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication and authorization. We support a number of different OAuth flows that you can use within your Website, mobile and desktop apps.
Subject to no further problems
I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems
Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean
A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top
- Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
- Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
- Now copy/paste this: ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
- Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
- This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.
- You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.
We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
SPRING CLEANTo manually create a new Restore Point
- Click Start.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View Tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK.
Now we can purge the infected ones
- Go to Control Panel and select System
- Select System
- On the left select System Protection and accept the warning if you get one
- Select System Protection Tab
- Select Create at the bottom
- Type in a name i.e. Clean
- Select Create
- GoStart > All programs > Accessories > system tools
- Right click Disc cleanup an select run as administrator
- Select Your main drive and accept the warning if you get one
- For a few moments the system will make some calculations
- Select the More Options tab
- In the System Restore and Shadow Backups select Clean up
- Select Delete on the pop up
- Select OK
- Select Delete
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes: Malwarebytes
. Update and run weekly to keep your system clean
Download and install FileHippo update checker
and run it monthly it will show you which programmes on your system need updating and give a download link
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.
To keep your operating system up to date visit
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?