I just got a new mobo, ram and chip for my primary pc. I used the same primary as before in this new one, updated a few things and it boots fine. The slave, however, just isnt there. And nothing I do makes it appear in BIOS, disk management or anything. And I have tried SOOO many different things. I have
1) set the jumpers accordingly
2) plugged it in as slave in my 2nd network pc
3) set it as primary chained to the disk drive to potentially install windows on the 2nd (non important) partition
4) plugged the power supply and necessary components to the old mobo setup including another spare master with OS XP and the slave
5) got an external HD USB casing to plug it in through USB
6) put an IDE to SATA converter on it and plugged it in to an SATA slot
I think thats everything I tried. Its all I can remember. I didnt change any settings on that slave drive. I didnt put any software or anything on that slave. No changes. Nothing. I just left it as the slave in the new setup, and now all of a sudden nothing at all recognizes it. I need the contents of this drive. Im not going to lose it. I have to be missing something here that is causing the issue. Please help!