Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual analogue controller not working for spesific game..

• Please log in to reply

Renier

Renier

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hoping someone can help.I bought the first 6 games in the Harry Potter series as a box set. Have played the first 4 games without any hassles. With Order of the phoenix I have hit a wall in the sense that the game wont pick up the analogue controller that I have installed on my pc and used for the previous games.When you get to the menu in the game where you are supposed to configure your controller it just says "Controller not found". I have tried my luck with EA games tech support and got no joy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the controller, updated drivers for the controller..nothing seems to work. It is a generic USB dual analogue controller made by ZIXAA as far as I can tell. With the 4th game (Goblet of fire) there was a file that allowed you to configure the controller for the game if you right clicked on the game icon and went to file location. No such file with OOTP. There is however a folder called "maps" with Word files that seems to have something to do with controllers,though I am not sure what. Is it a list of controllers compatable with the spesific game? Is it a case that certain controllers only work on certain games? Can someone please help? Operating on a emachines E527 laptop using Windows 7.

Edited by Renier, 11 July 2011 - 01:30 PM.

Advertisements