Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft sp2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gtoman

gtoman

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have a 4 pc wireless network, 3 with xp home and 1 with ME. In the Network Properties dialog box I have Network Authentication set at WPA-PSK and Data Encryption set to TKIP, the strongest settings at this time. What I need to know is if I download the new Microsoft SP2 in the network format, instead of for an individual pc, will having my network in these settings cause any conflicts after SP2 is downloaded. If that is the case should I change the settings back to the original "No Security" settings then download SP2, and after thats done I can reset everything back into WPA-PSK and TKIP for highest security settings again? Any help on this will be appreciated!
Thanks, Jim

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Closed. Duplicate post: http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=3145