Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't seem to access BIOS on my netbook

• Please log in to reply

mockingbird

mockingbird

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey geeks, I'm having some trouble with accessing the BIOS on my netbook. I bought an ASUS Eee PC (1215T-MU17) from my brother a few days ago. I was in the market for a netbook; he just bought an ASUS Transformer tablet and didn't have much use for his netbook anymore. It's only a few months old. I think he said he got it in March or April. Anyways, he has file and programs I on there I don't want, so I was thinking a fresh install is the ticket. It's already running Windows 7 Home, but with all the bloatware and his programs that are useless to me it's running sluggish.

I have a fresh copy of Windows 7 Home sitting on a USB waiting to be installed, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to access the BIOS to change the boot device. F2 and DEL takes me to a screen with that either lets me boot normally or run memory diagnostics. If I press F8 at that menu it gives me the option to book is safe mode and run system restore.

Any ideas? I tried a Google search but turned up nothing. I also wasn't given the owner's manual as he doesn't have it anymore. Whatever input or suggestions you guys give would be appreciated.

edit: Just realized this might be better off in the Windows 7 forums. Sorry.

Edited by mockingbird, 12 July 2011 - 03:43 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
One manual:
http://dlcdnet.asus...._1215N_WIN7.zip

Built-in system recovery can be initiated by pressing F9 through systsm start-up.

mockingbird

mockingbird

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you Neil Jones. I will think highly of you for the rest of today and most of tomorrow.