Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Won't boot after Hit Man Pro

• Please log in to reply

jmartis

jmartis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so I helped someone who had the Google redirect virus. At first I just did the usual MalwareBytes scanning and AVG and all. Didn't remove it so I planned on using ComboFix. Didn't really want to have to remove all the AV and spyware protection I just installed and I had heard good things about hit man so I just went for it and tried it. It deleted my winlogon and some other files I believe. As it isn't my computer, I dont have the disk. In any case, I booted into REATOGO and already have an OTL.txt. I was planning on typing a fix in the notepad but the keyboard returns different letters than what I press. Not sure if its just a thing on this live OS. I think that is unlikely but I have no idea what could cause that on the keyboard. Also, if there is any way to restore using Hirens I already have that lying around. As I understand it, OTLPE should handle it fine, assuming I have the fix.txt.

Advertisements

jmartis

jmartis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry about the double post but immediately after I posted I realized the cause of the "keyboard malfunction." I guess for whatever reason it defaulted in this OS to Fn key as always on. So my problem was that it was returning the inlaid function keys. sorry about that