Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Won't Connect Error Code 12029

• Please log in to reply

KGann

KGann

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Error attempting to validate the Winsock base providers:2. Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed. I am writing on behalf of a friend. He can no longer connect to the internet via WindowsXP. Everything was fine last night. Computer had not been shut down. I can access his email via outlook send/receive no problem. The info at the start is from a sheet I printed out. Help file on computer kept directing me to com port but it was not where the computer said it is. I am a Macintosh user so keep that in mind. I have never owned a PC Windows computer. I am somewhat familiar though. Is there a download I can burn to disk and take to his house to repair problem? Looking for the easy way out here. This guy is a senior citizen.

Thanks,
Kent Gann

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Kent.

Here is a link to a Ramesh article that may help: Repair/Reset Winsock settings (Links)

Also, you can download WinSoxk XP Fix and put it on a flash drive or CD then run it on the other computer. It is supposed to fix WinSock (Windows Socket Services).