Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty: Black Ops - fatal error crash

• Please log in to reply

Vonatar

Vonatar

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I recently bought this game to play online with friends. However it regularly crashes with the box "Fatal Error" and the only option is to click OK. I then have to force the game to shut down from the task manager.

It will crash both in the middle of play and when loading a new map. Sometimes on the first map, sometimes after 3 or 4. I have tried the following with no success:

1. Verfiying and defragging the game files of both multiplayer and single player versions
2. Typing r_multithread_device 1 into the console
3. Changing the graphics settings, disabling and enabling options, switching texture quality to high instead of extra or automatic
4. Deleting the config files in offline mode and allowing Steam to reload them
5. Editing the mp_config file to increase max frames to "120"
5. Reinstalling video drivers (Catalyst 11.6)
6. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game and Steam and updating both

I have captured some minidumps from my crashes which are on Mediafire here: http://www.mediafire.../?dcqu9h0207cqe and have attached my dxdiag.

Any help greatly appreciated as the game is basically unplayable now.

Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by Vonatar, 14 July 2011 - 03:34 PM.

Advertisements