Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avast Antivirus Detected Java:Agent-KL [Expl]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I can't recall what I downloaded

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Once you clicked defrag did you reboot the computer ? Then once it restarted it goes to a black screen whilst it checks out the harddrive, once it has done that it then defragments the drive. On completion it will reboot to normal windows and it is finished

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I click the defrag restart defrag full disk check ( in the picture you highlighted ) then it ask me to reboot so I click yes then it auto reboot and said my c drive is clean then it came straight to desktop screen and I can't open any applications after that I rebooted my computer then it start defragmenting ...

Edited by donhealyou, 24 July 2011 - 11:49 AM.

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
luckily it works like normal again...

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
thanks my computer is faster .. i will defragment my d drive tomorrow ... thanks =)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
In that case it must have been severely fragmented. Is everything else OK

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
yup i guess everything is ok... thanks for your time helping me =)

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
sorry one question does updating from service pack 2 to windows xp service pack 3 needs to input a new serial key? because last time i updated from service pack 2 to service pack 3 it needs a new serial key...

after upgraded to service pack 3 last time it said that my windows is not activated...

Edited by donhealyou, 25 July 2011 - 09:26 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Is this a legitimate copy of XP ?

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
i went to here http://www.microsoft...nuine/validate/ ( i downloaded the alternative validation process - legitcheck.hta because the plugin wont work ) so the validation process finish and came up with the picture below. so is it genuine? it says welcome to windows because windows installed in your pc is genuine, enjoy the security, reliability and protection it provides...

so i guess it is genuine but why last time when i updated from windows xp service pack 2 to service pack 3 after restarting my computer there's a popup stating that my windows is not activated...

Attached Files

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
It should have updated your system now to install SP3 quite happily - sometimes malware does remove the validation, just to be spiteful I suppose

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
alright thanks for your help =)

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
i tried using the filehippo checker ( i went to settings ticked the checkmark to show all programs not the ones that need to update ) but why i have 7-zip in my computer and it does not show that it is installed in my computer (latest version)? the filehippo checker said that not all program supported but i checked their website they have the 7-zip software? they said that not all programs supported is it for those programs not listed in thier websites or some programs won't work and it is listed in thier website?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I think it depends on whether the programme in question has an easily readable data file - I use Peazip myself so cannot confirm that

donhealyou

donhealyou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
thanks for your recommendation it is really good