Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet connection problems after Virtumonde Trojan

• Please log in to reply

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I recently gat a Virtumonde Trojan on my computer. Using Malwarebytes and Spybot I think I have a managed to remove it but it seems to have left some residual damage on my machine. I am unable to open internet explorer at all. Firefox will run but some internet sites like AVG download locations, microsoft etc will not open. I am also unable to download any updates from microsoft. These fail every time. This leaves my computer unprotected as I currently have no antivirus software installed because I can't access the site. I'd value any help you can give.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,797 posts
  • MVP
What usually happens is the malware sets up a proxy on your computer. Then it forces IE or Firefox to send all traffic going to the internet to the proxy. Since it's a malware proxy it picks and chooses what goes to the internet and keeps you from going to certain anti-malware sites and perhaps sends copies of interesting traffic like passwords and credit cards to another address for harvesting. MBAM or your anti-malware software knows the proxy software is malware so removes it but doesn't realize that it's also a proxy so doesn't change the proxy settings on IE and FF. So now IE or Firefox still sends traffic to the proxy but there is no proxy so it doesn't go anywhere and you have lost connectivity to the internet.

To fix it:

In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, then uncheck all boxes and OK. Close IE and restart IE.

In FireFox, Tools, Options, Advanced, Settings, check No Proxy then OK. Close Firefox and restart Firefox.

In Chrome, Wrench, Options, Under the Hood, Change Proxy Settings, uncheck all boxes, OK.

If that doesn't help:

Start, All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt. Type with an Enter after each line in the code box:

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh  winsock  reset catalog

netsh  int ip reset reset.log

(I use two spaces in the code box so you will be sure to see where 1 space goes.)

Reboot and test. If it still doesn't work:

1. Click "Start," (click Settings), click "Control Panel," click "Network and Internet Connections," and then click "Network Connections."
2. Right-click the network connection that you want to configure (the one you use to connect to the Internet), and then click Properties.
3. On the General tab (for a local area connection), or the Networking tab (for all other connections), click "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", and then click "Properties."

4. Click "Use the following DNS server addresses," and then type 8.8.8.8 in the Preferred DNS server and 4.2.2.1 in the Alternate DNS server boxes.

5. Click "OK"

Reboot and test. If it still doesn't work:

(Start) Right click on My Computer, select Manage then Device Manager. Find the Network Adapters and click on the + in front to open up the sub entries. Right click on each sun-entry under Network Adapters and Uninstall. (Doesn't hurt to write down the names in case you need to download the drivers from the PC Maker's website. Normally you don't but with malware you never know.) Reboot and test.

Any better? If so:

Download the free Avast: http://www.avast.com...ivirus-download
Once you have it installed and it has updated:

Click on the Avast ball. Then click on Scan Computer, then on
Boot-Time Scan then on Settings. Change the Ask at the bottom to Move to Chest. OK then Schedule Now. Reboot and let it run a scan. It may take hours.
Once it finishes it should load windows.

Then follow the guidelines in the top post of the Malware Removal forum
http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html
and post your logs.

Ron

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks. I'll do this when I get in from work!

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Ron, thanks for your instructions. I have followed these until the Avast download. After finding a site I could access I am unable to download as the PC says I have insufficient disk space. This is not the case as I have deleted loads of files which has made no difference. The disk cleanup utility also returns an error and is not showing in Accessories. Added to this there are loads of applications from the start menu that are not showing even though I know they should be.

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I've managed to run Avast after all. However, there are a lot of messages coming up saying "An operation failed because the disk was full". I will update post when this is complete and follow the next set of instructions you posted. Thansk

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,797 posts
  • MVP
Right click on the Recycle bin and Empty Recycle Bin. See if that helps with the disk space problem.

Sounds like you have a virus that eats the shortcuts. Do not run any temporary file cleaners. The most common bug hides them in a folder %Temp%\smtmp

On a Vista/Win 7 machine this is:

\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\temp\smtmp

on an XP it is usually:

\Documents and Settings\YourUsername\Local Settings\Temp\smtmp\

This is a hidden system file so you need to tell the search that you want to look in hidden and system files. IF you find it Right click and Copy the folder and Paste it onto your desktop so that it doesn't get accidentally deleted.

Download, Save and Right click on unhide.exe and Run As Administrator from

http://download.blee...nler/unhide.exe

Ron

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I've searched for smtmp with no luck. Also, Unhide did not work for the start menu programs. I tried Avast again, it said there were win32bots and trojans (lots of them) but it did not move them to chest as the same 'disk full' message is still coming up.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,797 posts
  • MVP
If memory is a problem you could tell Avast to Delete instead of Move to Chest.

Click on the Avast ball. Then click on Scan Computer, then on
Boot-Time Scan then on Settings. Change the Ask at the bottom to Delete. OK then Schedule Now. Reboot and let it run a scan. It may take hours.
Once it finishes it should load windows.

How much Hard drive memory do you have anyway? Open My Computer and right click on C: and select Properties. It should tell you the Free Space and the Used Space.

What version of Windows are you running?

Any chance of running OTL? Download OTL from
http://www.geekstogo...timers-list-it/
and Save it to your desktop.

Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)

select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.

You should get two logs. Please copy and paste both of them.

Ron

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm working on this now. Will post logs etc. when done. Thanks

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Ron, I have now run AVAST to delete as requested. Also info as requested below...Thanks!!:

Windows XP SP3

Disk space:
C:\ 64.5GB Used, 2.17GB Free
D:\ 7.63GB Used, 98.9MB Free

Both OTL Logs are below:

OTL Extras logfile created on: 19/07/2011 14:51:16 - Run 1
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.26.1 Folder = C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Downloads
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 3 (Version = 5.1.2600) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 8.0.6001.18702)
Locale: 00000809 | Country: United Kingdom | Language: ENG | Date Format: dd/MM/yyyy

1014.04 Mb Total Physical Memory | 387.70 Mb Available Physical Memory | 38.23% Memory free
2.38 Gb Paging File | 1.96 Gb Available in Paging File | 82.26% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): C:\pagefile.sys 1524 3048 [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\WINDOWS | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files
Drive C: | 66.78 Gb Total Space | 2.18 Gb Free Space | 3.26% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS
Drive D: | 7.73 Gb Total Space | 0.10 Gb Free Space | 1.25% Space Free | Partition Type: FAT32

Computer Name: LAPTOP1 | User Name: Chris | Logged in as Administrator.
Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: Current user
Company Name Whitelist: Off | Skip Microsoft Files: Off | No Company Name Whitelist: On | File Age = 30 Days

========== Extra Registry (All) ==========

========== File Associations ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\<extension>]
.chm [@ = chm.file] -- C:\WINDOWS\hh.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.cpl [@ = cplfile] -- rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "%1",%*
.hlp [@ = hlpfile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\winhlp32.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.hta [@ = htafile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\mshta.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.html [@ = ChromeHTML] -- C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe (Google Inc.)
.inf [@ = inffile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
.ini [@ = inifile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
.url [@ = InternetShortcut] -- rundll32.exe ieframe.dll,OpenURL %l
.js [@ = JSFile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.jse [@ = JSEFile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.reg [@ = regfile] -- C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.txt [@ = txtfile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
.vbe [@ = VBEFile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.vbs [@ = VBSFile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.wsf [@ = WSFFile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
.wsh [@ = WSHFile] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\<extension>]
.html [@ = FirefoxHTML] -- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe (Mozilla Corporation)

========== Shell Spawning ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\<key>\shell\[command]\command]
batfile [edit] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
batfile [open] -- "%1" %*
batfile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
chm.file [open] -- "%SYSTEMROOT%\hh.exe" %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
cmdfile [edit] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
cmdfile [open] -- "%1" %*
cmdfile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
comfile [open] -- "%1" %*
cplfile [cplopen] -- rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "%1",%*
exefile [open] -- "%1" %*
helpfile [open] -- winhlp32.exe %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
hlpfile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\winhlp32.exe %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
htafile [open] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe "%1" %* (Microsoft Corporation)
htmlfile [edit] -- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msohtmed.exe" %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
htmlfile [open] -- "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome (Microsoft Corporation)
htmlfile [opennew] -- "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
htmlfile [print] -- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msohtmed.exe" /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
http [open] -- "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -- "%1" (Google Inc.)
https [open] -- "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -- "%1" (Google Inc.)
inffile [install] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
inffile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
inffile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
inifile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
inifile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\NOTEPAD.EXE /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
InternetShortcut [open] -- rundll32.exe ieframe.dll,OpenURL %l
InternetShortcut [print] -- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.dll",PrintHTML "%1" (Microsoft Corporation)
jsfile [edit] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
jsfile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* (Microsoft Corporation)
jsfile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
jsefile [edit] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
jsefile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* (Microsoft Corporation)
jsefile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
piffile [open] -- "%1" %*
regfile [edit] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
regfile [open] -- regedit.exe "%1" (Microsoft Corporation)
regfile [merge] -- Reg Error: Key error.
regfile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
scrfile [config] -- "%1"
scrfile [install] -- rundll32.exe desk.cpl,InstallScreenSaver %l
scrfile [open] -- "%1" /S
txtfile [edit] -- Reg Error: Key error.
txtfile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
txtfile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
txtfile [printto] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe /pt "%1" "%2" "%3" "%4" (Microsoft Corporation)
vbefile [edit] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
vbefile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* (Microsoft Corporation)
vbefile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
vbsfile [edit] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
vbsfile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* (Microsoft Corporation)
vbsfile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
wsffile [edit] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
wsffile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* (Microsoft Corporation)
wsffile [print] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\Notepad.exe /p %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
wshfile [open] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %* (Microsoft Corporation)
Unknown [openas] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1
Directory [find] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
Folder [open] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /idlist,%I,%L (Microsoft Corporation)
Folder [explore] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e,/idlist,%I,%L (Microsoft Corporation)
Drive [find] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
Applications\iexplore.exe [open] -- "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1 (Microsoft Corporation)
CLSID\{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D} [OpenHomePage] -- "%programfiles%\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" (Microsoft Corporation)

========== Security Center Settings ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
"FirstRunDisabled" = 1
"AntiVirusDisableNotify" = 0
"FirewallDisableNotify" = 0
"UpdatesDisableNotify" = 0
"AntiVirusOverride" = 0
"FirewallOverride" = 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring]
"DisableMonitoring" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\AhnlabAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\ComputerAssociatesAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\KasperskyAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\McAfeeAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\McAfeeFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\PandaAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\PandaFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\SophosAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]
"DisableMonitoring" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\TinyFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\TrendAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\TrendFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\ZoneLabsFirewall]

========== System Restore Settings ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore]
"DisableSR" = 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sr]
"Start" = 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SrService]
"Start" = 2

========== Firewall Settings ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\DomainProfile]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]
"EnableFirewall" = 1
"DoNotAllowExceptions" = 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]

========== Authorized Applications List ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"C:\Program Files\BearShare Applications\BearShare\BearShare.exe" = C:\Program Files\BearShare Applications\BearShare\BearShare.exe:*:Enabled:BearShare -- (MusicLab, LLC)
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" = C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe:*:Disabled:Firefox -- (Mozilla Corporation)

========== HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Uninstall List ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]
"{0456ebd7-5f67-4ab6-852e-63781e3f389c}" = Macromedia Flash Player
"{05C56753-F144-44BC-BA67-83CC5DBF395C}" = F300
"{075473F5-846A-448B-BCB3-104AA1760205}" = Sonic Data Module
"{0D499481-22C6-4B25-8AC2-6D3F6C885FB9}" = OpenOffice.org Installer 1.0
"{18455581-E099-4BA8-BC6B-F34B2F06600C}" = Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
"{1F1C2DFC-2D24-3E06-BCB8-725134ADF989}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148
"{21657574-BD54-48A2-9450-EB03B2C7FC29}" = Sonic MyDVD Plus
"{2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F}" = Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
"{2376813B-2E5A-4641-B7B3-A0D5ADB55229}" = HPPhotoSmartExpress
"{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F83216022FF}" = Java™ 6 Update 22
"{30465B6C-B53F-49A1-9EBA-A3F187AD502E}" = Sonic Update Manager
"{341201D4-4F61-4ADB-987E-9CCE4D83A58D}" = Windows Live Toolbar Extension (Windows Live Toolbar)
"{350C97B0-3D7C-4EE8-BAA9-00BCB3D54227}" = WebFldrs XP
"{3C349576-B3B4-6708-F73C-DC2932065357}" = BBC iPlayer Desktop
"{3F92ABBB-6BBF-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}" = NetWaiting
"{416D80BA-6F6D-4672-B7CF-F54DA2F80B44}" = Microsoft Works
"{41E496B5-47F4-11D6-9BBB-00E0987BB2CD}" = USB PC Web Camera
"{4302B2DD-D958-40E3-BAF3-B07FFE1978CE}" = HP Wireless Assistant 2.00 G2
"{45A66726-69BC-466B-A7A4-12FCBA4883D7}" = HiJackThis
"{45B8A76B-57EC-4242-B019-066400CD8428}" = BufferChm
"{45D707E9-F3C4-11D9-A373-0050BAE317E1}" = HP DVD Play 2.3
"{46C045BF-2B3F-4BC4-8E4C-00E0CF8BD9DB}" = Adobe AIR
"{4A03706F-666A-4037-7777-5F2748764D10}" = Java Auto Updater
"{4EA684E9-5C81-4033-A696-3019EC57AC3A}" = HPProductAssistant
"{508CE775-4BA4-4748-82DF-FE28DA9F03B0}" = Windows Live Messenger
"{52FBAE98-D389-4281-8C14-21B4046CCB4E}" = SonicAC3Encoder
"{552E6DA4-A0F9-41AC-8473-E825D60674EA}" = HP User Guides 0037
"{5C29CB8B-AC1E-4114-8D68-9CD080140D4A}" = Sony USB Driver
"{5C82DAE5-6EB0-4374-9254-BE3319BA4E82}" = Skype™ 3.5
"{6675CA7F-E51B-4F6A-99D4-F8F0124C6EAA}" = Sonic Express Labeler
"{66910000-8B30-4973-A159-6371345AFFA5}" = WebReg
"{66E6CE0C-5A1E-430C-B40A-0C90FF1804A8}" = eSupportQFolder
"{6815FCDD-401D-481E-BA88-31B4754C2B46}" = Macromedia Flash Player 8
"{68763C27-235D-4165-A961-FDEA228CE504}" = AiOSoftwareNPI
"{6909F917-5499-482e-9AA1-FAD06A99F231}" = Toolbox
"{6956856F-B6B3-4BE0-BA0B-8F495BE32033}" = Apple Software Update
"{6994491D-D491-48F1-AE1F-E179C1FFFC2F}" = HP Photosmart Essential
"{69FDFBB6-351D-4B8C-89D8-867DC9D0A2A4}" = Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin
"{6F5E2F4A-377D-4700-B0E3-8F7F7507EA15}" = CustomerResearchQFolder
"{710f4c1c-cc18-4c49-8cbf-51240c89a1a2}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
"{736C803C-DD3B-4015-BC51-AFB9E67B9076}" = Readme
"{770657D0-A123-3C07-8E44-1C83EC895118}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
"{7745B7A9-F323-4BB9-9811-01BF57A028DA}" = Map Button (Windows Live Toolbar)
"{786C4AD1-DCBA-49A6-B0EF-B317A344BD66}" = Windows Live Favorites for Windows Live Toolbar
"{7E7B7865-6C80-4373-8BC1-C2EB9431F9DE}" = ProductContextNPI
"{80FD852F-5AAC-4129-B931-06AAFFA43138}" = iTunes
"{8331C3EA-0C91-43AA-A4D4-27221C631139}" = Status
"{838A1BC9-95CA-4880-9BE3-2A7D23600A2B}" = Macromedia Shockwave Player
"{89246F31-3388-48D6-B268-4E817B3E4383}" = Acronis Privacy Expert Suite
"{89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00}" = Microsoft Silverlight
"{8A708DD8-A5E6-11D4-A706-000629E95E20}" = Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
"{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}" = Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
"{90120000-0020-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
"{90140000-2005-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In
"{939F8208-C8CE-4AFF-B7BA-ACEB2E74A6CB}" =
"{9422C8EA-B0C6-4197-B8FC-DC797658CA00}" = Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
"{996512CF-F35B-48DE-9291-557FA5316967}" = ScannerCopy
"{9BE518E6-ECC6-35A9-88E4-87755C07200F}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
"{A3051CD0-2F64-3813-A88D-B8DCCDE8F8C7}" = Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
"{A5C4AD72-25FE-4899-B6DF-6D8DF63C93CF}" = Highlight Viewer (Windows Live Toolbar)
"{A7E4ECCA-4A8E-4258-8EC8-2DCCF5B11320}" = Windows Live installer
"{A92DAB39-4E2C-4304-9AB6-BC44E68B55E2}" = Google Update Helper
"{A93C4E94-1005-489D-BEAA-B873C1AA6CFC}" = HP Help and Support
"{AB5D51AE-EBC3-438D-872C-705C7C2084B0}" = DeviceManagementQFolder
"{AB708C9B-97C8-4AC9-899B-DBF226AC9382}" = Sonic Audio Module
"{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A94000000001}" = Adobe Reader 9.4.4
"{AEF7A12C-CD9B-4773-8AD1-6916138CA7EA}" = SmartAudio
"{B12665F4-4E93-4AB4-B7FC-37053B524629}" = Sonic Copy Module
"{B16AF568-A644-483C-A6DA-5028CD019C8C}" = SonicMPEGEncoder
"{B4092C6D-E886-4CB2-BA68-FE5A88D31DE6}_is1" = Spybot - Search & Destroy
"{B7050CBDB2504B34BC2A9CA0A692CC29}" = DivX Web Player
"{BC96BBA7-C634-460E-AD18-A0A994213F80}" = HP User Guides--System Recovery
"{BFD96B89-B769-4CD6-B11E-E79FFD46F067}" = QuickTime
"{C09FB3CD-3D0C-3F2D-899A-6A1D67F2073F}" = Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
"{C7F54CF8-D6FB-4E0A-93A3-E68AE0D6C476}" = SolutionCenter
"{C8753E28-2680-49BF-BD48-DD38FD086EFE}" = AiO_Scan_CDA
"{CB2F7EDD-9D1F-43C1-90FC-4F52EAE172A1}" = Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
"{CC8E0363-B20C-4792-8A1C-8DF5E01B68A6}" = GoGear VIBE Device Manager
"{CE2CDD62-0124-36CA-84D3-9F4DCF5C5BD9}" = Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
"{D5A145FC-D00C-4F1A-9119-EB4D9D659750}" = Windows Live Toolbar
"{DB518BA6-CB74-4EB6-9ABD-880B6D6E1F38}" = HpSdpAppCoreApp
"{DBA4DB9D-EE51-4944-A419-98AB1F1249C8}" = LiveUpdate Notice (Symantec Corporation)
"{DBC20735-34E6-4E97-A9E5-2066B66B243D}" = TrayApp
"{E1B80DEE-A795-4258-8445-074C06AE3AB8}" = MarketResearch
"{E5966E4C-0A93-4F59-A981-BD3173D4799F}" = F300_Help
"{E623BB3F-F7ED-4148-BEB5-A0D1DB28B4DE}" = Media Converter for Philips
"{F084395C-40FB-4DB3-981C-B51E74E1E83D}" = Smart Menus (Windows Live Toolbar)
"{F157460F-720E-482f-8625-AD7843891E5F}" = InstantShareDevicesMFC
"{F3760724-B29D-465B-BC53-E5D72095BCC4}" = Scan
"{F6076EF9-08E1-442F-B6A2-BFB61B295A14}" = Fax_CDA
"{FB15E224-67C3-491F-9F5C-F257BC418412}" = Destinations
"{FBB980B0-63F8-4B48-8D65-90F1D9F81D9F}" = NewCopy_CDA
"Adobe AIR" = Adobe AIR
"Adobe Flash Player Plugin" = Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
"avast" = avast! Free Antivirus
"BBCiPlayerDesktop.61DB7A798358575D6A969CCD73DDBBD723A6DA9D.1" = BBC iPlayer Desktop
"BearShare" = BearShare
"BearShare MediaBar" = MediaBar
"CleanUp!" = CleanUp!
"Desktop FLV Player_is1" = FLVhosting Desktop FLV Player Ver 2.00
"FLV Player" = FLV Player 2.0, build 24
"Free YouTube Download_is1" = Free YouTube Download 2.1
"Google Chrome" = Google Chrome
"IDNMitigationAPIs" = Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
"ie7" = Windows Internet Explorer 7
"ie8" = Windows Internet Explorer 8
"LiveUpdate" = LiveUpdate 3.1 (Symantec Corporation)
"Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware_is1" = Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.51.0.1200
"McDonald's Dragons " = McDonald's Dragons
"Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (1033)" = Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1" = Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
"Mozilla Firefox (3.6)" = Mozilla Firefox (3.6)
"MSCompPackV1" = Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
"NeroVision!UninstallKey" = NeroVision Express 2
"NLSDownlevelMapping" = Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
"NMPUninstallKey" = Nero Media Player
"SynTPDeinstKey" = Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
"Windows XP Service Pack" = Windows XP Service Pack 3
"WMFDist11" = Windows Media Format 11 runtime
"wmp11" = Windows Media Player 11
"Wudf01000" = Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
"Yahoo! Companion" = Yahoo! Toolbar

========== HKEY_CURRENT_USER Uninstall List ==========

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

========== Last 10 Event Log Errors ==========

[ Application Events ]
Error - 16/07/2011 19:08:06 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MsiInstaller | ID = 11706
Description = Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Error 1706.No valid source
could be found for product Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. The Windows installer
cannot continue.

Error - 16/07/2011 19:08:08 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MsiInstaller | ID = 1023
Description = Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 - Update '{2F6EFCE6-10DF-49F9-9E64-9AE3775B2588}'
could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in
the log file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86\NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86-msi.0.log.

Error - 16/07/2011 19:08:10 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = NativeWrapper | ID = 5000
Description =

Error - 17/07/2011 09:02:40 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = Application Hang | ID = 1002
Description = Hanging application mshta.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module
hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Error - 17/07/2011 16:47:37 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MsiInstaller | ID = 11706
Description = Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Error 1706.No valid source
cannot continue.

Error - 17/07/2011 16:47:39 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MsiInstaller | ID = 1023
Description = Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 - Update '{2F6EFCE6-10DF-49F9-9E64-9AE3775B2588}'
the log file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86\NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86-msi.0.log.

Error - 17/07/2011 16:47:41 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = NativeWrapper | ID = 5000
Description =

Error - 18/07/2011 22:00:40 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MsiInstaller | ID = 11706
cannot continue.

Error - 18/07/2011 22:00:42 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MsiInstaller | ID = 1023

Error - 18/07/2011 22:00:46 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = NativeWrapper | ID = 5000
Description =

[ System Events ]
Error - 18/07/2011 20:38:37 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MRxSmb | ID = 8003
Description = The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer
DAVID-3594FA1D4 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
NetBT_Tcpip_{2326192B-D21. The master browser is stopping or an election is being
forced.

Error - 18/07/2011 21:50:36 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MRxSmb | ID = 8003
Description = The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer
DAVID-3594FA1D4 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
NetBT_Tcpip_{2326192B-D21. The master browser is stopping or an election is being
forced.

Error - 18/07/2011 22:01:16 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = Windows Update Agent | ID = 20
Description = Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update
with error 0x80070643: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2416447).

Error - 18/07/2011 23:02:37 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MRxSmb | ID = 8003
forced.

Error - 19/07/2011 00:26:40 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MRxSmb | ID = 8003
forced.

Error - 19/07/2011 02:26:31 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MRxSmb | ID = 8003
forced.

Error - 19/07/2011 07:24:55 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MRxSmb | ID = 8003
forced.

Error - 19/07/2011 08:24:56 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MRxSmb | ID = 8003
forced.

Error - 19/07/2011 09:46:47 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7011
Description = Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from
the Netman service.

Error - 19/07/2011 09:48:56 | Computer Name = LAPTOP1 | Source = MRxSmb | ID = 8003
forced.

< End of report >

OTL logfile created on: 19/07/2011 14:51:16 - Run 1
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.26.1 Folder = C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Downloads
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 3 (Version = 5.1.2600) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 8.0.6001.18702)
Locale: 00000809 | Country: United Kingdom | Language: ENG | Date Format: dd/MM/yyyy

1014.04 Mb Total Physical Memory | 387.70 Mb Available Physical Memory | 38.23% Memory free
2.38 Gb Paging File | 1.96 Gb Available in Paging File | 82.26% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): C:\pagefile.sys 1524 3048 [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\WINDOWS | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files
Drive C: | 66.78 Gb Total Space | 2.18 Gb Free Space | 3.26% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS
Drive D: | 7.73 Gb Total Space | 0.10 Gb Free Space | 1.25% Space Free | Partition Type: FAT32

Computer Name: LAPTOP1 | User Name: Chris | Logged in as Administrator.
Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: Current user
Company Name Whitelist: Off | Skip Microsoft Files: Off | No Company Name Whitelist: On | File Age = 30 Days

========== Processes (SafeList) ==========

PRC - [2011/07/19 14:50:18 | 000,579,584 | ---- | M] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Downloads\OTL.exe
PRC - [2011/07/04 12:43:54 | 003,493,720 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe
PRC - [2011/07/04 12:43:51 | 000,042,184 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
PRC - [2011/05/29 09:11:28 | 000,449,584 | ---- | M] (Malwarebytes Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
PRC - [2011/05/29 09:11:28 | 000,366,640 | ---- | M] (Malwarebytes Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
PRC - [2010/03/18 11:19:26 | 000,113,152 | ---- | M] (ArcSoft Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
PRC - [2010/01/16 04:12:29 | 000,910,296 | ---- | M] (Mozilla Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
PRC - [2008/04/14 01:12:19 | 001,033,728 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
PRC - [2006/04/18 10:29:00 | 000,990,551 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Malware Shield\psh_svc.exe
PRC - [2006/04/18 10:28:58 | 000,159,744 | ---- | M] (Acronis) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe

========== Modules (SafeList) ==========

MOD - [2011/07/19 14:50:18 | 000,579,584 | ---- | M] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\Downloads\OTL.exe
MOD - [2011/07/04 12:43:51 | 000,199,792 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk.dll
MOD - [2010/08/23 17:12:02 | 001,054,208 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.6028_x-ww_61e65202\comctl32.dll

========== Win32 Services (SafeList) ==========

SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] -- -- (WMPNetworkSvc)
SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] -- -- (WLSetupSvc)
SRV - File not found [Auto | Stopped] -- -- (LiveUpdate Notice Ex)
SRV - File not found [Auto | Stopped] -- -- (JavaQuickStarterService)
SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] -- -- (IDriverT)
SRV - File not found [Auto | Stopped] -- -- (CLTNetCnService)
SRV - [2011/07/04 12:43:51 | 000,042,184 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe -- (avast! Antivirus)
SRV - [2011/05/29 09:11:28 | 000,366,640 | ---- | M] (Malwarebytes Corporation) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe -- (MBAMService)
SRV - [2010/03/18 11:19:26 | 000,113,152 | ---- | M] (ArcSoft Inc.) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe -- (ACDaemon)
SRV - [2008/01/29 18:38:31 | 000,583,048 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Disabled | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe -- (LiveUpdate Notice Service)
SRV - [2006/09/03 00:36:33 | 002,528,960 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Disabled | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_1.EXE -- (LiveUpdate)
SRV - [2006/09/03 00:36:33 | 000,198,336 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Disabled | Stopped] -- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe -- (Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler)
SRV - [2006/04/18 10:29:00 | 000,990,551 | ---- | M] () [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Malware Shield\psh_svc.exe -- (psh_svc)
SRV - [2006/04/18 10:28:58 | 000,159,744 | ---- | M] (Acronis) [Auto | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe -- (AcrSch2Svc)
SRV - [2006/03/03 21:03:10 | 000,069,632 | ---- | M] (HP) [Unknown | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe -- (Pml Driver HPZ12)

========== Driver Services (SafeList) ==========

DRV - [2011/07/04 12:36:43 | 000,441,176 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) [File_System | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswSnx.sys -- (aswSnx)
DRV - [2011/07/04 12:36:32 | 000,309,848 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswSP.sys -- (aswSP)
DRV - [2011/07/04 12:35:23 | 000,043,608 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswTdi.sys -- (aswTdi)
DRV - [2011/07/04 12:35:12 | 000,102,616 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) [File_System | Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswmon2.sys -- (aswMon2)
DRV - [2011/07/04 12:32:32 | 000,025,432 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswRdr.sys -- (aswRdr)
DRV - [2011/07/04 12:32:13 | 000,030,808 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aavmker4.sys -- (Aavmker4)
DRV - [2011/07/04 12:32:12 | 000,019,544 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) [File_System | Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswFsBlk.sys -- (aswFsBlk)
DRV - [2011/05/29 09:11:30 | 000,039,984 | ---- | M] (Malwarebytes Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys -- (MBAMSwissArmy)
DRV - [2011/05/29 09:11:20 | 000,022,712 | ---- | M] (Malwarebytes Corporation) [File_System | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys -- (MBAMProtector)
DRV - [2008/09/03 09:00:00 | 000,371,248 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\eeCtrl.sys -- (eeCtrl)
DRV - [2008/05/08 15:02:52 | 000,203,136 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rmcast.sys -- (RMCAST)
DRV - [2008/04/13 19:39:44 | 000,092,544 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mqac.sys -- (MQAC)
DRV - [2007/06/19 09:32:10 | 000,096,320 | ---- | M] (Acronis) [Kernel | Boot | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys -- (snapman)
DRV - [2007/06/19 09:32:06 | 000,098,880 | ---- | M] (Acronis) [Kernel | Auto | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\psh_drv.sys -- (psh_drv)
DRV - [2007/05/01 03:11:54 | 000,630,272 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\CHDAud.sys -- (HdAudAddService)
DRV - [2006/02/27 06:46:20 | 000,081,408 | ---- | M] (Realtek Semiconductor Corporation ) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Rtnicxp.sys -- (RTL8023xp)
DRV - [2006/01/19 10:18:52 | 000,424,320 | ---- | M] (Broadcom Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\BCMWL5.SYS -- (BCM43XX)
DRV - [2005/09/19 14:24:20 | 000,005,760 | ---- | M] (Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\EabUsb.sys -- (eabusb)
DRV - [2005/09/19 14:24:10 | 000,009,344 | ---- | M] (Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\CPQBttn.sys -- (HBtnKey)
DRV - [2005/09/19 14:23:52 | 000,007,808 | ---- | M] (Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\eabfiltr.sys -- (eabfiltr)
DRV - [2005/08/22 01:07:00 | 001,035,008 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems, Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\HSF_DPV.sys -- (HSF_DPV)
DRV - [2005/08/22 01:06:16 | 000,201,600 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems, Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\HSFHWAZL.sys -- (HSFHWAZL)
DRV - [2005/08/22 01:06:10 | 000,718,464 | ---- | M] (Conexant Systems, Inc.) [Kernel | On_Demand | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\HSF_CNXT.sys -- (winachsf)
DRV - [2004/12/23 11:21:42 | 000,093,600 | ---- | M] (VM) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbVM31b.sys -- (ZSMC301b)
DRV - [2004/08/04 07:31:34 | 000,020,992 | ---- | M] (Realtek Semiconductor Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\RTL8139.sys -- (rtl8139) Realtek RTL8139(A/B/C)
DRV - [2004/03/08 13:55:50 | 000,013,567 | ---- | M] (B.H.A Corporation) [Kernel | System | Running] -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDRBSDRV.SYS -- (cdrbsdrv)
DRV - [2002/10/15 23:41:06 | 000,102,220 | ---- | M] (Sony Corporation) [Kernel | On_Demand | Stopped] -- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sonypvs1.sys -- (sonypvs1)

========== Standard Registry (SafeList) ==========

========== Internet Explorer ==========

IE - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.msn.com/
IE - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Search_URL = http://www.google.com/ie

IE - HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchMigratedDefaultName = Google
IE - HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchMigratedDefaultURL = http://www.google.co...ie=utf8&oe=utf8
IE - HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.msn.com/
IE - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyEnable" = 0

========== FireFox ==========

FF - prefs.js..browser.search.defaultenginename: "AVG Secure Search"
FF - prefs.js..browser.search.selectedEngine: "Google"
FF - prefs.js..browser.startup.homepage: "http://www.google.co...k/webhp?rls=ig"
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: {E84D42CA-64EB-11DE-A65F-8C3656D89593}:3.1
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: {ABDE892B-13A8-4d1b-88E6-365A6E755758}:1.0
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: {635abd67-4fe9-1b23-4f01-e679fa7484c1}:2.1.3.20100310105313
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA}:6.0.22
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: [email protected]:6.0.1203

FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll ()
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@Apple.com/iTunes,version=: File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@Apple.com/iTunes,version=1.0: C:\Program Files\iTunes\Mozilla Plugins\npitunes.dll File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@divx.com/DivX Browser Plugin,version=1.0.0: C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Web Player\npdivx32.dll File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@java.com/JavaPlugin: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\new_plugin\npjp2.dll File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@Microsoft.com/NpCtrl,version=1.0: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\4.0.60531.0\npctrl.dll ( Microsoft Corporation)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@microsoft.com/WPF,version=3.5: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\NPWPF.dll (Microsoft Corporation)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nppl3260;version=6.0.12.448: c:\program files\real\realplayer\Netscape6\nppl3260.dll (RealNetworks, Inc.)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nprjplug;version=1.0.3.448: c:\program files\real\realplayer\Netscape6\nprjplug.dll (RealNetworks, Inc.)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nprpjplug;version=6.0.12.448: c:\program files\real\realplayer\Netscape6\nprpjplug.dll File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nsJSRealPlayerPlugin;version=: File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=3: C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\npGoogleUpdate3.dll (Google Inc.)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=9: C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\npGoogleUpdate3.dll (Google Inc.)

FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\extensions\\{B728AB94-9BC7-49b7-B76A-422BB31B2FD0}: C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Media Converter for Philips\Internet Video Downloader\Plugin_FireFox [2009/12/23 00:16:06 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M]
FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\extensions\\[email protected]: C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\FF [2011/07/16 18:03:05 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M]
FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.6\extensions\\Components: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components [2011/07/16 23:47:00 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M]
FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.6\extensions\\Plugins: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins [2011/07/16 23:46:58 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M]

[2009/04/06 22:36:56 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (No name found) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Extensions
[2011/07/17 13:53:09 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (No name found) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\extensions
[2010/10/12 08:39:34 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\extensions\{20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}
[2010/10/12 08:39:36 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (Yahoo! Toolbar) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\extensions\{635abd67-4fe9-1b23-4f01-e679fa7484c1}
[2010/01/10 21:44:31 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (MediaBar) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\extensions\{E84D42CA-64EB-11DE-A65F-8C3656D89593}
[2010/10/12 08:39:32 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] ("AutoPager") -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\extensions\[email protected]
[2009/12/03 11:54:24 | 000,002,476 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\searchplugins\BearShareWebSearch.xml
[2011/07/17 08:50:27 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (No name found) -- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions
[2011/04/01 14:06:16 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (Java Console) -- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
[2011/07/16 18:03:05 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (avast! WebRep) -- C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVAST SOFTWARE\AVAST\WEBREP\FF
[2009/10/09 23:54:22 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin) -- C:\PROGRAM FILES\REAL\REALPLAYER\BROWSERRECORD\FIREFOX\EXT
[2011/04/01 14:05:45 | 000,472,808 | ---- | M] (Sun Microsystems, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npdeployJava1.dll
[2010/01/16 01:55:13 | 000,001,538 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\mozilla firefox\searchplugins\amazon-en-GB.xml
[2010/01/16 01:55:13 | 000,000,947 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\mozilla firefox\searchplugins\chambers-en-GB.xml
[2010/01/16 01:55:13 | 000,000,769 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\mozilla firefox\searchplugins\eBay-en-GB.xml
[2010/01/16 01:55:13 | 000,001,135 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Program Files\mozilla firefox\searchplugins\yahoo-en-GB.xml

O1 HOSTS File: ([2011/07/08 22:46:47 | 000,000,027 | ---- | M]) - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
O1 - Hosts: 127.0.0.1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (avast! WebRep) - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll (AVAST Software)
O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (avast! WebRep) - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll (AVAST Software)
O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - Locked - No CLSID value found.
O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (no name) - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - No CLSID value found.
O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (Windows Live Toolbar) - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll (Microsoft Corporation)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [avast] C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe (AVAST Software)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe (Malwarebytes Corporation)
O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: HonorAutoRunSetting = 1
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoDriveAutoRun = 67108863
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoDriveTypeAutoRun = 323
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoDrives = 0
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System: InstallVisualStyle = C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System: InstallTheme = C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme ()
O7 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O7 - HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoDriveTypeAutoRun = 323
O7 - HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoDriveAutoRun = 67108863
O7 - HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoDrives = 0
O16 - DPF: {233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258} http://fpdownload.ma...director/sw.cab (Shockwave ActiveX Control)
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22)
O16 - DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} http://fpdownload.ma...t/ultrashim.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22)
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22)
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer = 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.1
O20 - HKLM Winlogon: Shell - (Explorer.exe) - C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O24 - Desktop WallPaper: C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp
O24 - Desktop BackupWallPaper: C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp
O32 - HKLM CDRom: AutoRun - 1
O32 - AutoRun File - [2001/07/27 14:07:38 | 000,000,000 | -HS- | M] () - D:\AUTOEXEC.BAT -- [ FAT32 ]
O32 - AutoRun File - [2004/04/30 06:01:14 | 000,000,053 | -HS- | M] () - D:\AUTORUN.FCB -- [ FAT32 ]
O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (autocheck autochk *) - File not found
O35 - HKLM\..comfile [open] -- "%1" %*
O35 - HKLM\..exefile [open] -- "%1" %*
O37 - HKLM\...com [@ = ComFile] -- "%1" %*
O37 - HKLM\...exe [@ = exefile] -- "%1" %*

========== Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days ==========

[2011/07/16 23:09:05 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV
[2011/07/16 18:05:36 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Google Chrome
[2011/07/16 18:03:25 | 000,309,848 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswSP.sys
[2011/07/16 18:03:25 | 000,019,544 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswFsBlk.sys
[2011/07/16 18:03:25 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus
[2011/07/16 18:03:23 | 000,441,176 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswSnx.sys
[2011/07/16 18:03:23 | 000,043,608 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswTdi.sys
[2011/07/16 18:03:23 | 000,025,432 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswRdr.sys
[2011/07/16 18:03:22 | 000,102,616 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswmon2.sys
[2011/07/16 18:03:22 | 000,096,344 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswmon.sys
[2011/07/16 18:03:22 | 000,030,808 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aavmker4.sys
[2011/07/16 18:03:03 | 000,040,112 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\avastSS.scr
[2011/07/16 18:03:02 | 000,199,304 | ---- | C] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\aswBoot.exe
[2011/07/16 18:02:49 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\AVAST Software
[2011/07/16 18:02:49 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software
[2011/07/09 09:44:36 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
[2011/07/09 09:44:36 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Start Menu\Programs\HiJackThis
[2011/07/09 09:42:20 | 000,000,000 | -HSD | C] -- C:\RECYCLER
[2011/07/08 22:29:21 | 000,000,000 | RHSD | C] -- C:\cmdcons
[2011/07/08 22:25:52 | 000,518,144 | ---- | C] (SteelWerX) -- C:\WINDOWS\SWREG.exe
[2011/07/08 22:25:52 | 000,060,416 | ---- | C] (NirSoft) -- C:\WINDOWS\NIRCMD.exe
[2011/07/08 22:25:51 | 000,406,528 | ---- | C] (SteelWerX) -- C:\WINDOWS\SWSC.exe
[2011/07/08 22:25:51 | 000,212,480 | ---- | C] (SteelWerX) -- C:\WINDOWS\SWXCACLS.exe
[2011/07/08 22:23:14 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT
[2011/07/08 22:22:57 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
[2011/07/08 22:00:37 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\DriverCure
[2011/07/08 22:00:36 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\ParetoLogic
[2011/07/08 22:00:27 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ParetoLogic
[2011/07/07 21:16:18 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MFAData
[2011/07/05 19:12:31 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\Browser Hijack Recover
[2011/07/05 14:08:39 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\WINDOWS\pss
[2011/07/04 21:12:19 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Promosoft Corporation
[2011/07/04 21:12:17 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
[2011/07/04 19:03:06 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\My Music
[2011/07/03 21:50:07 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Malwarebytes
[2011/07/03 21:49:42 | 000,039,984 | ---- | C] (Malwarebytes Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
[2011/07/03 21:49:42 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
[2011/07/03 21:49:41 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
[2011/07/03 21:49:37 | 000,022,712 | ---- | C] (Malwarebytes Corporation) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
[2011/07/03 21:49:37 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
[2011/07/03 21:09:42 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
[2011/06/29 08:18:25 | 000,000,000 | R--D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Recent
[2011/06/29 00:41:57 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\qcsugmvm
[4 C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp files -> C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp -> ]

========== Files - Modified Within 30 Days ==========

[2011/07/19 14:02:00 | 000,000,886 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job
[2011/07/19 13:37:01 | 000,000,254 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Check Updates for Windows Live Toolbar.job
[2011/07/19 07:32:21 | 000,000,882 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
[2011/07/18 23:24:52 | 000,002,048 | --S- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
[2011/07/18 20:55:58 | 1063,370,752 | -HS- | M] () -- C:\hiberfil.sys
[2011/07/16 23:47:04 | 000,001,620 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Mozilla Firefox.lnk
[2011/07/16 23:47:04 | 000,001,602 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk
[2011/07/16 18:05:36 | 000,001,813 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Google Chrome.lnk
[2011/07/16 18:05:36 | 000,001,791 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Google Chrome.lnk
[2011/07/16 18:03:26 | 000,001,689 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\avast! Free Antivirus.lnk
[2011/07/16 18:03:22 | 000,002,625 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\CONFIG.NT
[2011/07/16 09:50:09 | 000,001,475 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\Windows Explorer.lnk
[2011/07/16 09:31:23 | 000,045,056 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\DCBC2A71-70D8-4DAN-EHR8-E0D61DEA3FDF.ini
[2011/07/16 00:36:32 | 000,354,568 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT
[2011/07/16 00:35:05 | 000,000,215 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\MRT.INI
[2011/07/16 00:31:20 | 000,001,374 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\imsins.BAK
[2011/07/09 21:07:51 | 000,002,447 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\HiJackThis.lnk
[2011/07/09 20:42:46 | 000,001,158 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\wpa.dbl
[2011/07/09 14:27:29 | 000,000,268 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmdata04.sqm
[2011/07/09 14:27:29 | 000,000,244 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmnoopt04.sqm
[2011/07/09 09:50:11 | 000,000,268 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmdata03.sqm
[2011/07/09 09:50:11 | 000,000,244 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmnoopt03.sqm
[2011/07/08 22:46:47 | 000,000,027 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
[2011/07/08 22:29:27 | 000,000,353 | RHS- | M] () -- C:\boot.ini
[2011/07/08 21:58:01 | 000,000,237 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Boot.bak
[2011/07/08 21:54:48 | 000,000,268 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmdata02.sqm
[2011/07/08 21:54:48 | 000,000,244 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmnoopt02.sqm
[2011/07/07 21:03:05 | 000,000,268 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmdata01.sqm
[2011/07/07 21:03:05 | 000,000,244 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmnoopt01.sqm
[2011/07/05 20:11:00 | 000,000,268 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmdata00.sqm
[2011/07/05 20:11:00 | 000,000,244 | ---- | M] () -- C:\sqmnoopt00.sqm
[2011/07/05 19:12:37 | 000,000,000 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\8104297.jun
[2011/07/04 12:54:36 | 000,000,000 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\prvlcl.dat
[2011/07/04 12:43:53 | 000,040,112 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\avastSS.scr
[2011/07/04 12:43:51 | 000,199,304 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\aswBoot.exe
[2011/07/04 12:36:43 | 000,441,176 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswSnx.sys
[2011/07/04 12:36:32 | 000,309,848 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswSP.sys
[2011/07/04 12:35:23 | 000,043,608 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswTdi.sys
[2011/07/04 12:35:12 | 000,102,616 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswmon2.sys
[2011/07/04 12:35:09 | 000,096,344 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswmon.sys
[2011/07/04 12:32:32 | 000,025,432 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswRdr.sys
[2011/07/04 12:32:13 | 000,030,808 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aavmker4.sys
[2011/07/04 12:32:12 | 000,019,544 | ---- | M] (AVAST Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswFsBlk.sys
[2011/07/03 21:49:42 | 000,000,784 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.lnk
[2011/07/03 21:18:24 | 000,054,156 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
[2011/06/29 22:47:23 | 000,004,920 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\C032.5E9
[2011/06/29 07:32:06 | 000,000,284 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
[2011/06/29 00:51:05 | 000,000,000 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\Rqakit.dat
[2011/06/26 07:45:56 | 000,256,000 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\PEV.exe
[2011/06/20 03:10:48 | 000,455,530 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\perfh009.dat
[2011/06/20 03:10:48 | 000,075,644 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\perfc009.dat
[4 C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp files -> C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp -> ]

========== Files Created - No Company Name ==========

[2011/07/16 23:47:04 | 000,001,602 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Mozilla Firefox.lnk
[2011/07/16 18:05:36 | 000,001,813 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Google Chrome.lnk
[2011/07/16 18:05:36 | 000,001,791 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Google Chrome.lnk
[2011/07/16 18:03:26 | 000,001,689 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\avast! Free Antivirus.lnk
[2011/07/16 00:35:05 | 000,000,215 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\MRT.INI
[2011/07/09 14:27:29 | 000,000,268 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmdata04.sqm
[2011/07/09 14:27:29 | 000,000,244 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmnoopt04.sqm
[2011/07/09 09:50:11 | 000,000,268 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmdata03.sqm
[2011/07/09 09:50:11 | 000,000,244 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmnoopt03.sqm
[2011/07/09 09:44:36 | 000,002,447 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\HiJackThis.lnk
[2011/07/08 22:29:27 | 000,000,237 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Boot.bak
[2011/07/08 22:29:22 | 000,260,272 | RHS- | C] () -- C:\cmldr
[2011/07/08 22:25:52 | 000,256,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\PEV.exe
[2011/07/08 22:25:52 | 000,208,896 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\MBR.exe
[2011/07/08 22:25:52 | 000,098,816 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\sed.exe
[2011/07/08 22:25:52 | 000,080,412 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\grep.exe
[2011/07/08 22:25:52 | 000,068,096 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\zip.exe
[2011/07/08 21:54:48 | 000,000,268 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmdata02.sqm
[2011/07/08 21:54:48 | 000,000,244 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmnoopt02.sqm
[2011/07/07 21:03:05 | 000,000,268 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmdata01.sqm
[2011/07/07 21:03:05 | 000,000,244 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmnoopt01.sqm
[2011/07/05 20:11:00 | 000,000,268 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmdata00.sqm
[2011/07/05 20:11:00 | 000,000,244 | ---- | C] () -- C:\sqmnoopt00.sqm
[2011/07/05 19:12:37 | 000,000,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\8104297.jun
[2011/07/05 14:22:54 | 000,001,620 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Mozilla Firefox.lnk
[2011/07/03 21:49:42 | 000,000,784 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.lnk
[2011/06/29 00:51:05 | 000,000,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\Rqakit.dat
[2011/06/29 00:43:55 | 000,004,920 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\C032.5E9
[2011/03/16 19:45:21 | 000,000,027 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\SmartAudio.INI
[2010/02/18 21:18:41 | 000,000,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\prvlcl.dat
[2009/12/28 22:48:18 | 000,000,043 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\cdplayer.ini
[2009/04/06 22:36:56 | 000,000,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\nsreg.dat
[2008/05/22 20:12:22 | 000,117,655 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\hpoins11.dat
[2008/05/22 20:12:13 | 000,077,824 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZIDS01.dll
[2008/02/04 20:00:31 | 000,000,664 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\d3d9caps.dat
[2007/12/20 22:10:58 | 000,017,078 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\ViewerTN2.tn
[2007/12/17 20:43:40 | 000,000,754 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
[2007/12/17 20:22:49 | 000,000,284 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\ViewerApp.dat
[2007/12/07 11:20:44 | 000,003,654 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\Sonyhcp.dll
[2007/09/03 10:36:23 | 000,024,576 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunSetup.dll
[2007/07/05 22:04:16 | 000,045,056 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\DCBC2A71-70D8-4DAN-EHR8-E0D61DEA3FDF.ini
[2007/07/05 20:25:43 | 000,000,135 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\NeroDigital.ini
[2007/05/01 07:37:16 | 000,000,376 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\ODBC.INI
[2007/04/30 15:29:24 | 000,000,128 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\fusioncache.dat
[2006/09/12 05:05:28 | 000,028,836 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\oeminfo.ini
[2006/06/29 20:18:28 | 000,002,048 | --S- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
[2006/06/29 20:18:14 | 000,000,061 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\smscfg.ini
[2006/06/29 19:49:18 | 000,087,268 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\hpqins69.dat
[2006/06/29 19:46:56 | 000,000,059 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\WININIT.INI
[2006/06/29 19:43:40 | 000,000,791 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\orun32.ini
[2006/06/29 19:27:08 | 000,455,530 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\perfh009.dat
[2006/06/29 19:27:08 | 000,075,644 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\perfc009.dat
[2006/06/29 19:18:06 | 000,354,568 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT
[2006/06/29 19:13:00 | 000,004,161 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\ODBCINST.INI
[2006/06/29 19:08:28 | 000,021,640 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\emptyregdb.dat
[2006/05/05 03:20:40 | 000,011,634 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\hpomdl11.dat
[2006/03/16 05:00:00 | 000,673,088 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\mlang.dat
[2006/03/16 05:00:00 | 000,272,128 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\perfi009.dat
[2006/03/16 05:00:00 | 000,218,003 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\dssec.dat
[2006/03/16 05:00:00 | 000,046,258 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\mib.bin
[2006/03/16 05:00:00 | 000,028,626 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\perfd009.dat
[2006/03/16 05:00:00 | 000,004,569 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\secupd.dat
[2006/03/16 05:00:00 | 000,001,804 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\dcache.bin
[2006/03/16 05:00:00 | 000,000,741 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\noise.dat
[2006/03/04 08:07:34 | 000,235,008 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\psisdecd.dll
[2005/12/02 19:09:10 | 000,000,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\px.ini
[2003/01/07 15:05:08 | 000,002,695 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\OUTLPERF.INI
[2002/05/28 22:55:42 | 013,107,200 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\oembios.bin
[2002/05/28 22:54:40 | 000,004,605 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\oembios.dat
[2001/07/07 03:00:00 | 000,003,399 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\hptcpmon.ini
[2000/03/29 22:00:00 | 000,125,440 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\UNZDLL.DLL
[1999/10/23 18:29:44 | 000,053,248 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\UNRAR.DLL
[1999/08/11 15:28:02 | 000,101,888 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\LIBBZ2.DLL
[1999/05/21 21:10:00 | 000,129,024 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZIPDLL.DLL
[1998/01/28 00:06:04 | 000,045,056 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\UNACE.DLL

========== Alternate Data Streams ==========

@Alternate Data Stream - 136 bytes -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:B63300D1

< End of report >

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,797 posts
  • MVP
Your hard drive is a bit full. Let's clean up some obsolete/unnecessary/unwanted programs:

Uninstall:
Yahoo! Toolbar
LiveUpdate 3.1 (Symantec Corporation)
BearShare
MediaBar
Adobe AIR
Smart Menus (Windows Live Toolbar)
LiveUpdate Notice (Symantec Corporation)
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Highlight Viewer (Windows Live Toolbar)
Windows Live installer
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
Microsoft Silverlight
Map Button (Windows Live Toolbar)
Windows Live Favorites for Windows Live Toolbar
Macromedia Flash Player 8
Windows Live Toolbar Extension (Windows Live Toolbar)
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Macromedia Flash Player
OpenOffice.org Installer 1.0

Clear the Java Cache by following the instructions on
http://www.java.com/...lugin_cache.xml
Then uninstall:
Java™ 6 Update 22

Download and save the norton removal tool
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe
Run the Norton Removal tool.

Delete the Norton Removal tool, Empty the Recycle bin

Run a disk cleanup per http://www.theelderg...nup_utility.htm
Let it clean everything but don't let it compress the drive.

Follow Jim's procedure here to clean up System Restore:
http://aumha.net/vie...581099691bf108f

Copy the text in the code box by highlighting and Ctrl + c

:processes
killallprocesses

:Services
WMPNetworkSvc
WLSetupSvc
LiveUpdate Notice Ex
JavaQuickStarterService
IDriverT
CLTNetCnService

:OTL
SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] -- -- (WMPNetworkSvc)
SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] -- -- (WLSetupSvc)
SRV - File not found [Auto | Stopped] -- -- (LiveUpdate Notice Ex)
SRV - File not found [Auto | Stopped] -- -- (JavaQuickStarterService)
SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] -- -- (IDriverT)
SRV - File not found [Auto | Stopped] -- -- (CLTNetCnService)
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA}:6.0.22
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: {E84D42CA-64EB-11DE-A65F-8C3656D89593}:3.1
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: {ABDE892B-13A8-4d1b-88E6-365A6E755758}:1.0
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledItems: {635abd67-4fe9-1b23-4f01-e679fa7484c1}:2.1.3.20100310105313
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll ()
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@Apple.com/iTunes,version=: File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@Apple.com/iTunes,version=1.0: C:\Program Files\iTunes\Mozilla Plugins\npitunes.dll File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@divx.com/DivX Browser Plugin,version=1.0.0: C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Web Player\npdivx32.dll File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@java.com/JavaPlugin: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\new_plugin\npjp2.dll File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@Microsoft.com/NpCtrl,version=1.0: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\4.0.60531.0\npctrl.dll ( Microsoft Corporation)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@microsoft.com/WPF,version=3.5: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\NPWPF.dll (Microsoft Corporation)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nppl3260;version=6.0.12.448: c:\program files\real\realplayer\Netscape6\nppl3260.dll (RealNetworks, Inc.)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nprjplug;version=1.0.3.448: c:\program files\real\realplayer\Netscape6\nprjplug.dll (RealNetworks, Inc.)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nprpjplug;version=6.0.12.448: c:\program files\real\realplayer\Netscape6\nprpjplug.dll File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nsJSRealPlayerPlugin;version=: File not found
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=3: C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\npGoogleUpdate3.dll (Google Inc.)
FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=9: C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\npGoogleUpdate3.dll (Google Inc.)
[2010/10/12 08:39:36 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (Yahoo! Toolbar) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\extensions\{635abd67-4fe9-1b23-4f01-e679fa7484c1}
[2010/01/10 21:44:31 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (MediaBar) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\extensions\{E84D42CA-64EB-11DE-A65F-8C3656D89593}
[2010/10/12 08:39:32 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] ("AutoPager") -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\extensions\[email protected]
[2009/12/03 11:54:24 | 000,002,476 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\f9gv740c.default\searchplugins\BearShareWebSearch.xml
[2011/04/01 14:06:16 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (Java Console) -- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
[2009/10/09 23:54:22 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin) -- C:\PROGRAM FILES\REAL\REALPLAYER\BROWSERRECORD\FIREFOX\EXT
[2011/04/01 14:05:45 | 000,472,808 | ---- | M] (Sun Microsystems, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npdeployJava1.dll
O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (no name) - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - No CLSID value found.
O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (Windows Live Toolbar) - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll (Microsoft Corporation)
O16 - DPF: {233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258} http://fpdownload.ma...director/sw.cab (Shockwave ActiveX Control)
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22)
O16 - DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} http://fpdownload.ma...t/ultrashim.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22)
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/...indows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22)
[2011/06/29 00:41:57 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\qcsugmvm
[2011/07/19 14:02:00 | 000,000,886 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job
[2011/07/19 13:37:01 | 000,000,254 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Check Updates for Windows Live Toolbar.job
[2011/07/19 07:32:21 | 000,000,882 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
[2011/07/05 19:12:37 | 000,000,000 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\System32\8104297.jun
[2011/06/29 22:47:23 | 000,004,920 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\C032.5E9
[2011/06/29 07:32:06 | 000,000,284 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
[2011/06/29 00:51:05 | 000,000,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\WINDOWS\Rqakit.dat

:Commands
[RESETHOSTS]
[purity]
[Reboot]

then run OTL and Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste (ctrl +v) the text. Verify that you got it all and Then click the Run Fix button at the top
Let the program run unhindered, OTL will reboot the PC when it is done. Save the log and copy and paste it to a reply.

Open OTL again and select either the Use SafeList or All option in the Extra Registry group then the Run Scan button. Post the two logs it produces in your next reply.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
:!: If you have a previous version of MalwareBytes', remove it via Add or Remove Programs and download a fresh copy. :!:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

SAVE Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
* The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
* Post that log back here.

ComboFix
:!: If you have a previous version of Combofix.exe, delete it and download a fresh copy. :!:

:!: It must be saved to your desktop, do not run it :!:

:!: Disable your Antivirus software when downloading or running Combofix. If it has Script Blocking features, please disable these as well. See: http://www.bleepingc...opic114351.html

Download and Save this file -- to your Desktop -- from either of these two sources:
http://download.blee...Bs/ComboFix.exe
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

Doubleclick on ComboFix to start the program.

* :!: Important: Have no other programs running. Your Task Bar should be clear of any program entries including your Browser.

* A window may open with a series of Disclaimers. Accept the Disclaimers to start the fix. Allow it to install the Recovery Console then Continue. When the scan completes Notepad will open with with your results log open. Do a File, Exit and answer 'Yes' to save changes.

A caution - Do not run Combofix more than once. Do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed, as this may cause the process to stall or your computer to lock. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Even when ComboFix appears to be doing nothing, look at your Drive light. If it is flashing, Combofix is still at work.

A file will be created at => C:\Combofix.txt. I'll need to see that in your reply.

Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it

Click the "Scan" button to start scan

On completion of the scan (Note if the Fix button is enabled and tell me) click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

The following program may help restore some of your missing links:
http://www.winxptuto.../accrestore.zip
You will need to download, save it then right click on it and Extract All then run accrestore.exe.

Ron

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Ron, got to the Java clear cache and removal bit and it won't open Java to clear cache files or remove in control panel. Said fatal error in installation.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,797 posts
  • MVP
See if there is a C:\Program Files\Java folder. If so delete it.

Also delete the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Sun\Java

Ron

#DavidC#

#DavidC#

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, now got to system retore bit and I receive the message "System restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, then run system restore again". Same message after restart.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,797 posts
  • MVP
System Restore requires a minimum amount of free hard drive to work. Expect that you don't have enough. You might try something like windirstat
http://windirstat.info/
to see what is using the drive and perhaps remove some stuff you no longer need.

Ron