Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

erased drivers by mistake and now cant access net

• Please log in to reply

bigdan

bigdan

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
my computer was giving me some problems. i went to device manager to see which devices were conflicting. the only things that had those yellow exclamations were all under the networking section. funny this it wasn't just one entry tho, there were a number of them. but they all had "hotspot" in them, which is the name of a program i use to block my IP. so i deleted them all. no problem so far. I happened to shut down my computer and opened it up. The net wasnt working after that. When i called up tech support they told me its a driver issue. I'm thinking my erasing those hotspot entries has something to do w/ this, though i dont know why.

So now how do I fix this? In device manager out of the entries left I did see Realtek RTL8139/810x. I went to the Realtek website.

http://218.210.127.131/

I saw a link there for the 8139 driver I apparently need. downloaded and installed it but that didn't have any effect.

a few minutes ago i just came up w/ the great idea to install a wireless adapter onto my desktop to at least make it work that way.

installed it. plugged in adapter. saw my wireless network. pressed connect. that was as far as i got. it never actually says connected in spite of seeing it at full strength. why on earth would this happen now?

please help!

Advertisements