Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to let son log on to Internet game without admin privileges?

• Please log in to reply

scomar

scomar

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hello All,

My son likes to play a game online called Dungeon Fighter. Which I researched and found it to be a computer safe game to play. Here is the link: http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/. The problem is I let him share the laptop using his own "standard" user setting, but the only way he can play it is by using my user setting that being admin. Well as you can well guess I do not want him on as an admin. I use Norton Internet Security version 18.6.0.29. Is there away for me to set it up so he can get on to this game under his own user name?

Thanks in advance

Scomar

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Have you tried right-clicking on the Shortcut used to start the game and "Run as Administrator"? Does the game run that way?

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
You will probably need to find where the game is installed and then right-click the executable and edit its permissions. To do so follow this link.