Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem and Error cake: Deluxe version

• Please log in to reply

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

If i really push it for a huge lapse of time without cooling and my supplier says 80°C Isn't rare so heating Isn't the issue I take it.

You mean the GPU, right?

I personally am not in favor of modifying graphics cards. The makers generally do a pretty good job of providing adequate cooling. If you feel you need more cooling, I suggest looking at your case. It is the cases job to extract heat from the interior by providing good front-to-back flow of cool air through the case. If your flow is inadequate, heat may still be building up inside the case. And a fan blowing hot air is just blowing hot air.

Besides ensuring the interior is clean of heat trapping dust, you might inspect your case to see if it will support more, or larger fans. Check for spare PSU connections too.

Advertisements

Coeco

Coeco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I don't want to modify it, just slap on an extra fan because my case is moderately small but with very good all-around airflow (so I can get the air where I want more precisely) because I always have the door off the case.

As for the crashing and blue-screening, it has cooled down for now and does not appear to have any functional hinders besides some minor hangs which means that whatever issue there was is resolved or its hiding. I'll report back if it does, and if not, I'd like to thank for the help.