Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reinstall XP In Dell Inspiron 1100

• Please log in to reply

chucksg

chucksg

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have an older dell inspiron 1100 laptop. I reinstalled XP, it went through the process and and rebooted. After the reboot the windows screen came on but it was small and centered in the middle. Then a registration window comes up, Before I go on I must register windows. When I click remind me later windows reboots and won't let me do anything until I register the copy of XP, I can't register xp because I can't get on the internet yet. I reinstalled in safe mode, but the same thing happens. I wonder if it's the hard drive? Not sure

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

If the system is working fine and its happened twice it will be the software. Since you don't have the internet you should be given the option to register by telephone on the activation screen.

Thanks

chucksg

chucksg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Reinstalled XP again, looks like it's going to work. What are the drivers I need for Dell Inspiron 1100 and what order should they be installed

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
HERE are all the original drivers for your system.
The order you need to install is
Chipset
Video
Audio
Network

Then everything else you need from this point on.
It is very important you do the chipset driver first or you take the chance on having problems and may have to start all over.

chucksg

chucksg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for all your help. I one more question. I tried to download the drivers to my flash drive, but my only choice is to install or don't install. Is there a way to save the drivers to my flash drive.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

If you use Internet Explorer click save and save to the desktop. This will then allow you to transfer the drivers onto your pendrive and will not be prompted to install them. If they install before they have been saved to the desktop you may of accidently clicked run and not save.

Regards

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 14 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.