Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help deleting a corrupted Windows file?

• Please log in to reply

Tarat001

Tarat001

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For a long time I have been getting an error message when I start my computer (can't remember which one) and my updates have not installed. I contacted Windows and even let them take over my comp for 2 hours and no fix. So, I researched here and found how to locate my corrupted files. I did a scan in cmd prompt and found that I have 2 corrupted files. Both are in the Windows/logs/CBS folder. I tried to delete them and they say that it is in use. Any suggestions on how to finally get rid of this bad boy?

Advertisements

Tarat001

Tarat001

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This is my first time posting so please let me know if you need more info.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

Tarat001

Tarat001

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks! I am going to try it now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok I will watch for your results. :)