Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible Email Virus

• Please log in to reply

nighttide

nighttide

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi, I have a hp pavilion 6610f pc / Windows 7 . A few days ago when I was checking my email a box popped up with the following: Message from webpage (triangle ! ) console log: String (document referrer): Since I didn't recognize it, rather than click "OK", I clicked the x to close it. It closed and I did not notice it again until the next day when I checked my email and it appeared again. This time when I clicked the x, another box popped up with: Message from (trianfle !) String (document referrer) is ":true This one I also closed by clicking the x. At this point I decided to run my Norton spyware virus check and it came up with 12 problems and "fixed" them. Today I received the same twopop up boxes and when I clicked them off with the x a thrid box popped up with the following: Message from (triangle !) isInIFrame:falseA http;/webpage. roadrunner.com/do/mail/folder/viewB http://webpage roadrunner.com/do/mail/folder/view When I clicked this off with the x another box popped up with : Message from webpage (triangle !) console log: fifnull. I clicked off my email reran Norton and it again came up with 11 items neeing to be fixed and fixed the. Then I started my email again received the same pop-ups and ran Norton again which came up with 9 items need to be fixed. This only appears to be happening wth my email; when I am on other sites, I have not run into this problem.
Is this a virus of some sort or is something going on in my email that needs attention. I would appreciate any help you could give me with this problem. Please understand that I am not very computer savvy so I would appreciate an easy step-by-step procedure to following if you have advice.

Thank you

Advertisements