Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

dell 8500

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just purchase this laptop used. I have it connected to my wireless service but internet explorer wont open? Tried installing msn but that wont download. Got message "we cannot connect to internet servers". Help!

Edited by mrsquinn, 18 July 2011 - 05:35 AM.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Start, Control Panel. Network Connections, on the wirless connection, right click and click properties. Scroll to TCP/IP highlight it and click the properties button, Check that Obtain IP address and obtain DNS are set automatic.

As you say it is connected to the Wireless I presume you have setup with the necessary wirless key for the router/modem