Create Account Login to Account

cant access ebay, hotmail or facebook games. bad request or method not

• Please log in to reply

rah-bonkers

rah-bonkers

• Pip
  • 4 posts
please help as been experiencing this now for a few weeks and very close to throwing my laptop across the room lol.
i am on windows vista and i can only use facebook, i cannot access my hotmail account, my ebay account or any games that i previously played on facebook. i get the messages bad request, method not implemented or 400 method not implemented.
i am with virgin internet supplier and they provide me with anti virus i have run a health check and my laptop is fine. i empted my cache and cookies and cleaned browsing history, system restored and defragged. ive done everything possible considering i dont know alot about computers but didnt know if anyone has any good ideas on here or know how to fix the problem. the only thing i can think of is unistalling windows vista and reinstalling??????

Advertisement

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 6,620 posts
Has Virgin always been your internet provider, or has this problem surfaced after going to Virgin and installing their anti-virus? Does Virgin also provide a firewall?

This HTTP error usually occurs when the web server cannot understand part of a request that it received.
See this web page for a more complete explanation. The page will tell you how to flush your DNS cache under the Causes and Solutions section.
If you don't know how to open a command prompt, place your mouse pointer over "Opening a Command Prompt" and a pop up will tell you how. Remember to press the enter key after you type ipconfig /flushdns at the blinking cursor (note the space between ipconfig and /, it's important).
When the screen shows the blinking cursor again, type exit and press the enter key to exit the command prompt.
Then restart your browser.

Hope this helps.

rah-bonkers

rah-bonkers

• Pip
  • 4 posts
it started playing up a little before i activated my antivirus. i have got fire wall. i will try your solution but not very good at understanding computers so you might have to explain to me thankyou.

rah-bonkers

rah-bonkers

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have just gone onto start, command prompt and selected. run as administrator. typed in ipconfig /flushdns and then had instructions to type exit. then to restart browser, i dont know how to do this so i just assumed to go back on chrome. i tried to access a game and 400 bad request is still there :) its temperamental it has worked fine for me on 2 occassions in 3 weeks and the rest of the time i cannot access nothing.

rah-bonkers

rah-bonkers

• Pip
  • 4 posts
thankyou for your help, but still not working, have i done this correct or is there anything else i can try please???

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 6,620 posts
I can't tell from your post#4 if you did it correctly or not.

i have just gone onto start, command prompt and selected. run as administrator. typed in ipconfig /flushdns and then had instructions to type exit. then to restart browser

If you didn't press the enter key after typing ipconfig /flushdns in the command window, then you didn't flush the dns cache.
Lets try this again:
1. Click the Vista Start orb. (The round Start button).
2. In the Start Search box type cmd and press the Enter key. A command window will open up on the desktop.
2. At the blinking cursor, type ipconfig /flushdns and press the Enter key.
3. Back at the blinking cursor, type exit and press the enter key. The command window will close.
4. Now restart your browser.

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.