Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant access ebay, hotmail or facebook games. bad request or method not

• Please log in to reply

rah-bonkers

rah-bonkers

• Pip
  • 4 posts
please help as been experiencing this now for a few weeks and very close to throwing my laptop across the room lol.
i am on windows vista and i can only use facebook, i cannot access my hotmail account, my ebay account or any games that i previously played on facebook. i get the messages bad request, method not implemented or 400 method not implemented.
i am with virgin internet supplier and they provide me with anti virus i have run a health check and my laptop is fine. i empted my cache and cookies and cleaned browsing history, system restored and defragged. ive done everything possible considering i dont know alot about computers but didnt know if anyone has any good ideas on here or know how to fix the problem. the only thing i can think of is unistalling windows vista and reinstalling??????

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Has Virgin always been your internet provider, or has this problem surfaced after going to Virgin and installing their anti-virus? Does Virgin also provide a firewall?

This HTTP error usually occurs when the web server cannot understand part of a request that it received.
See this web page for a more complete explanation. The page will tell you how to flush your DNS cache under the Causes and Solutions section.
If you don't know how to open a command prompt, place your mouse pointer over "Opening a Command Prompt" and a pop up will tell you how. Remember to press the enter key after you type ipconfig /flushdns at the blinking cursor (note the space between ipconfig and /, it's important).
When the screen shows the blinking cursor again, type exit and press the enter key to exit the command prompt.
Then restart your browser.

Hope this helps.

rah-bonkers

rah-bonkers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it started playing up a little before i activated my antivirus. i have got fire wall. i will try your solution but not very good at understanding computers so you might have to explain to me thankyou.

rah-bonkers

rah-bonkers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i have just gone onto start, command prompt and selected. run as administrator. typed in ipconfig /flushdns and then had instructions to type exit. then to restart browser, i dont know how to do this so i just assumed to go back on chrome. i tried to access a game and 400 bad request is still there :) its temperamental it has worked fine for me on 2 occassions in 3 weeks and the rest of the time i cannot access nothing.

rah-bonkers

rah-bonkers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thankyou for your help, but still not working, have i done this correct or is there anything else i can try please???

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
I can't tell from your post#4 if you did it correctly or not.

i have just gone onto start, command prompt and selected. run as administrator. typed in ipconfig /flushdns and then had instructions to type exit. then to restart browser

If you didn't press the enter key after typing ipconfig /flushdns in the command window, then you didn't flush the dns cache.
Lets try this again:
1. Click the Vista Start orb. (The round Start button).
2. In the Start Search box type cmd and press the Enter key. A command window will open up on the desktop.
2. At the blinking cursor, type ipconfig /flushdns and press the Enter key.
3. Back at the blinking cursor, type exit and press the enter key. The command window will close.
4. Now restart your browser.