Mouse lights up but won't move.....
Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:32 PM
Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:50 PM
Also check BIOS Setup and see if the USB mouse is disabled somehow.
Or, try this:
- Shutdown and unplug all USB devices.
- Boot to BIOS Setup and load defaults (F5 or F9 usually).
- Boot XP and create a new Environment variable called devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and set it's value to 1 as follows:
- Right click on My Computer and select Properties
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Click on the Environmental Variables button
- Click the New button under the User variables for xxxxx" area.
- Set the Variable name as: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
- Set the Variable value to: 1
- Click OK as needed to close all the windows you opened.
- Open Device Manager (Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Device Manager)
- Click on View then Show hidden devices.
- Scroll down to USB and click on the plus to expand it.
- Uninstall any for a mouse.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users