Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Azurus Vuze

• Please log in to reply

KatrinaF

KatrinaF

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
So is "Vuze" considered P2P software?

And if it is are there any suggestions for something less harmful to stream from my computer to my PS3? (I have Play - and I have all kinds of problems with it - so I had switched to Vuze - but now I am thinking that is a bad plan;(

Edited by KatrinaF, 18 July 2011 - 04:50 PM.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello KatrinaF

Vuze is classed as PSP software and here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

This thread has been reported to the Moderating Staff and maybe closed
If you have any questions about the TOU please contact a Moderator or Admin for clarification.

[B]3. Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers[/B]

[b]p[/b]. The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

[b]q[/b]. We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal. 

Also as becoming a staff member starting GeekU I would highly reccomend you start reading the terms of use as you will be required to up hold them.

Terms Of Use

Edited by wizzy2k5, 19 July 2011 - 06:21 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Wizzy2k5,

If you're going to quote the TOU, please quote the appropriate section. In this case the appropriate section would be:

We will not support or allow the discussion of any P2P programs, except for their removal.

Since it appears that KatrinaF is asking for help in finding an alternative to a P2P program, I see no need to close this thread. In addition, it is not really your place to advise a Geeku student on what they should be doing.

Katrina, I can't answer your question, as I don't use this application, but perhaps someone else can. While we can't offer any P2P alternatives, perhaps someone can assist you with Play. What problems are you experiencing with it?

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
I guess you are just streaming media?
Try PS3 Media Server.

If that won't work Wikipedia might just help.

Still, I don't see any problem if you use Vuze solely for streaming content to your PS3. File sharing is a completely different story though.

KatrinaF

KatrinaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yeah I am just streaming media. If there is any question at all as to whether it's classified as p2p or not I am getting rid of it. There is no point in opening myself up to that. Playon seems to eat up all my system resources even when it's not actively streaming. I bought it before it went subscription. I may try digging it back up and installing it on one of the other 2 systems to see what happens.

KatrinaF

KatrinaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am going to check out this ps3 media server first though - it looks like it might be more what I am looking for than Playon anyway!

KatrinaF

KatrinaF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
On the chance anyone ever lands on this page after searching - there is actually a way to stream to the PS3 using Windows Media player without any third party software at all!

Here is the link