Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

question

• Please log in to reply

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hello all,quick question i got PC witch is constantly processing data (CPU usage AVG. 75%) so i was wondering about is temperatures of this system...to me they same a little high but i need a second opinion.
here is s screen shot
[attachment=51365:Untitled.jpg]

note the room temp. is a steady 67 degrees Fahrenheit

Advertisements

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
problem solved...
new case, water cooled CPU problem gone.

thanks for all the help.................. :)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Even though that's not typical CPU usage, those temps were pretty warm. How the temps are after the water cooling upgrade? Unfortunately, on-board temp sensors aren't very reliable.

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Even though that's not typical CPU usage, those temps were pretty warm. How the temps are after the water cooling upgrade? Unfortunately, on-board temp sensors aren't very reliable.

the temps dropped about 20 degrees Celsius.
CPU is 45 GPU is 45 and the system temp is 55 these are all the average temps.
[attachment=51413:DSC00390.JPG]

plus the cpu usage went down too now that its cooler and the performance went up as well

it looks to work pretty good...for now we will see what happens in the future =P

Edited by dennisK16, 21 July 2011 - 11:19 AM.

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Better late then never...

The temperatures in that pic were indeed on the high side.
60 degrees C is about the highest "optimum" temperature for any CPU.

I also noticed your system fan isn't turning as far as the sensor goes, which may be the cause all other temperatures went up.

Keep us posted on how it evolves man, good luck Posted Image

PS: I really like that water-cooled setup, but are you aware of the extra maintenance of a water-cooled system?
It looks real tidy! Posted Image

Edited by Amst3rDamag3, 03 August 2011 - 05:33 PM.

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Better late then never...

The temperatures in that pic were indeed on the high side.
60 degrees C is about the highest "optimum" temperature for any CPU.

I also noticed your system fan isn't turning as far as the sensor goes, which may be the cause all other temperatures went up.

Keep us posted on how it evolves man, good luck Posted Image

PS: I really like that water-cooled setup, but are you aware of the extra maintenance of a water-cooled system?
It looks real tidy! Posted Image

extra maintenance ?? its a closed water system, no maintenance at all, maybe check for leaks every once and a while....but that's it...

temps dropped like crazy i like it now!!!

[attachment=51638:Untitled2.jpg]

and i like that you think it looks tidy, wanted it to look good for the boss and it has a plexiglass side, so you got to do a little more :)

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Temps look far more normal now, except the system temperature maybe. But this isn't too worrying at all.
I also notice system-fan speeds now, what will help as well :)

And about maintenance, most water-cooled systems I've ever seen need a bit of maintenance, like bleeding/replacing cooling liquid once in a while, but I'm sure the "user-manual" will provide you with all information here. And if it states "no maintenance whatsoever required" please let me know I was wrong, I'd be very interested to know!

* Supping up with a boss never hurt anyone, lol *

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i'll look it up when i get home.
time to drive be back in about 45

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
If you do need maintenance, there will be no rush as this is certainly not more then monthly or even once a year, depending on setup. So you can enjoy those 45 minutes without stress if you want Posted Image

If you do need to replace the coolant, be sure to get the right type.
Never replace coolant with tap-water, as this conducts electricity and could short your system in case of even a small leak.
Also there are additives that will influence (electrical & temperature-) conductivity, "thickness of the liquid" (sorry for being Dutch) and boiling-temperature.

In short, read the manual carefully Posted Image

EDIT: drive safely Posted Image

Edited by Amst3rDamag3, 03 August 2011 - 07:13 PM.

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
looked the manual up online since the don't really supply this thing with a manual but only with a how to install piece of paper...

the say there isn't any maintenance on the unit.

Will I need to fill the unit with water? Do I have to perform any maintenance?

Our Hydro Series CPU coolers are designed to be a closed-loop solution with no maintenance required at all. The units come pre-filled and feature proprietary hoses that virtually eliminate evaporation of water. The expected lifespan of the average unit is significantly longer than the warranty period.

manual link

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Great! Thanks for that update!

I've learned something today, and as a hidden bonus, other people may benefit as well! Posted Image

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Great! Thanks for that update!

I've learned something today, and as a hidden bonus, other people may benefit as well! Posted Image

Didn't know that was posible but your welcome :)

Edited by dennisK16, 04 August 2011 - 11:27 AM.