I have what I feel is a bit of a complicated situation (though I hope it's an "easy" one to some of you). We're setting up a new Business and need to get Internet and hook up several computers to an all-in-one printer/scanner. This is a large rented system, suitable for small businesses. Here are my questions:
1. The nature of our business requires STRICT confidentiality. If we get wireless Internet, is this 100% secure if we have it password protected? Is wireless any less or more secure than using a SIM card?
2. We are sharing office space with another provider, offering a similar service, however he is not an employee. He is solo, whereas the other provider has a Business Manager. We want separate Internet service, because of confidentiality, since there's no business agreement aside from the lease. We were considering wireless and he is considering using what I think is called a SIM card.
3. While we are using separate Internet, the three of us need to have access to the same printer/copier/scanner. Is this possible? Can we "share" this among three separate computers, which are not networked, and if so, how?
4. I've read something about a "Network Port" on the printer. I do not know if ours has this but I will check tomorrow, if it's necessary.
5. We are looking for the easiest and least expensive way to hook up the three computers to the one printer. If there is some port in the rear (being a Business Model, I'd expect there may be), would the best thing be to make it wireless, then attaching something to each computer? We can run cables/cords to the printer if needed, going up the walls and on top of ceiling tiles, though I think that would look VERY ugly.
Thanks for any advice that you can offer.