Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Distorted videos.

• Please log in to reply

monkeyfish

monkeyfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
It's not very common but every now and then, I load up a video from Youtube or elsewhere that is completely unwatchable. The sound seems fine, but the video...

The closest I can describe it is how cable used to block channels on TV. You can see maybe a basic shape of what is going on, but it's extremely distorted. I am gonna try and upload a picture to give an example.

Attached Thumbnails

• cable.png

Edited by monkeyfish, 19 July 2011 - 10:52 AM.

Advertisements

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hello monkeyfish,

Can you give a little more information about your system? What's your OS? What browser/browsers does it happen in? Have you tried uninstalling the flash plugin and reinstalling?

monkeyfish

monkeyfish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Sup. I use Windows 7 Home Premium and Firefox. I haven't tried the same glitchy vid in IE because, well, I really dislike it basically. I uninstalled/reinstalled the flash plugin once, made sure everything I could think of related to it was up to date, but the problem's still here. Unless it becomes more common (right now for every 100 vids I load, maybe one is unwatchable), I don't want to go through reinstalling Firefox.