Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont boot, nothin on monitor

• Please log in to reply

Asherbee

Asherbee

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Evening

I have an issue with a computer, its an Acer Extensa E210. I have worked with this company so i've seen how many mainboard related issues Acer have, but am currently at a loss for parts and funds.

I recieve 2 seperate Beep codes on powerup 1 long - 2 short, followed by another 2 short beeps.

I'm told this may be a post/hardware issue, any ideas??

I have removed RAM/video/sound at seperately to deduce whether they were an issue, but nothing changes.

Advertisements

briahoe

briahoe

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi Asherbee

I recieve 2 seperate Beep codes on powerup 1 long - 2 short, followed by another 2 short beeps.

Video chip issue, this may also be caused by a bad PSU as a result of it not being able to provide good, stable or adequate power to the video chip or add on video card.

I have removed RAM/video/sound at seperately to deduce whether they were an issue, but nothing changes

Having researched the Acer Extensa E210 I have found that it has an integrated video chip (ATI Radeon X1200) and that it also has a pci-e x16 slot for an add on video card, add this to the fact that you have said above that you removed amongst other things video suggests that you have upgraded to an add on video card is this correct?
If it is did you also upgrade the stock 250W PSU, if so what to, make and model please, a 250W PSU will just about power an integrated video chip but will struggle with even the lowest of spec add on GFX card.