Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying site with no exit

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
Frequently (several times/week) this ad appears:

I can't find any way to get out of it without having to exit my browser. Am I missing something in the ad? Is it permisable to post a site with no exit?

FWIW: I am using Firefox 3.6.18 on an XP desktop. Thanks.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi batpark,

Those sites are very aggressive and tend to hold you hostage. It would be a wise choice to have your computer looked at by one of the professionals here to verify that you are not infected with malware and if you are to have them help you to cleanse your system.

Please follow the instructions in the following link,Welcome to Geeks to Go's Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum and start a new thread in our Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum by clicking on the Start New Topic button in the upper right hand side of the page. The professionals are quite busy and your patience will be needed.

Thank you!

Good Luck!

Donna :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It would also be advisable to ad the adblock addon for FF.
This should stop almost all the ads like this from ever starting.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
Thank you both for your suggestions.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 11 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
rshaffer61: Thanks for the reminder. I opted for the Firefox add-on; will report back in a month whether it was effective. ..battpark

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you and I will watch for your result post in a month. Good luck and thank you for being so patient with everything. :)