Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is it goored?

• Please log in to reply

Zalgologist

Zalgologist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I realise this virus (goored) has had it's fair share of dedicated threads but unless there's something I've overlooked my problem seems different to the average victim. I'll get to the point.

I use firefox 5,and whenever I attempt to load google.com the page will load as expected and after a few seconds redirect to Wolfram Alpha every time. This happens regardless of whether or not I've actually used to google to search (in fact with the short amount of time I get I don't have time to even type in the keywords I want). I can use the google toolbar in my browser to perform a google search and the same thing will happen. I'll get the search results, and if I click them in time they do direct me to the correct site but if i'm not quick enough I get sent straight to Wolfram Alpha.

I used GooredFix, which didn't find goored. I've also used Avast, Avira and MalwareBytes to try and remedy the situation but none have worked. I've even disabled add-ons from firefox and reinstalled it but still, no results.

Is this goored? It's obviously very similar but most of what I have read about it seems to suggest that the virus redirects the affected PC's once a search has been made and the desired linked has been clicked on, as opposed to my situation in which I can't even stay on google.com for more than a few seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

*Attached file contains the gooredfix log

Attached Files

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Download OTL from
http://www.geekstogo...timers-list-it/
and Save it to your desktop.

Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)

select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.

You should get two logs. Please copy and paste both of them.

Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it

Click the "Scan" button to start scan

On completion of the scan (Note if the Fix button is enabled and tell me) click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

Ron

Zalgologist

Zalgologist

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Ron, thanks for replying.

Prior to your reply, a friend of mine suggested I use TDSSKiller. It seems to have done the trick as the problem is gone.