Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I suspect a malware in GNR.EXE or GRN.EXE files

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
What log is this and how big is huge?

Advertisements

paulgleave

paulgleave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi Ron,

The bootlogXP that you asked me to run has a log of about 272kb. from when I rebooted.

Kindest Regard
Paul

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Uninstall

Intel AppUp(SM) center

Windows Search (you may need to go into Services and change the Startup Type to Disabled.)

Do you really need Dropbox?

The nvcpl.dll (Nvidia Control Panel) is taking almost 2 minutes to load so you should look for a newer version of the Nvidia drivers.

Ron

paulgleave

paulgleave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi Ron,
Thanks for that,got rid of intel appups, but need dropbox and skype my whole family live overseas and that is our main communication.

Having trouble with were to Disable windows search, and were to download new drivers for Nvidia.

Kindest Regards
Paul

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Start, Run, services.msc , OK then find the Windows Search. Right click and select Properties and change the Startup Type: to Disabled. Apply. Stop the service.

Give me your make and model of your PC and I will look for the nvidia driver for you. (You may have given it to me already but I'm too lazy to read through the whole series again.)

Ron

paulgleave

paulgleave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi Ron,

Thanks for your help,
I have a web address about my motherboard if that helps. I did go to downloads and did the second NVIDIA MCP61/MCP68 Chipset Driver (include chipset\lan\sata raid driver)

But it didn,t do much here is the link http://www.gigabyte....s2_2x/download/
Kindest Regards
Paul

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
I would think you needed the first one since it does not appear that you have a 64 bit OS. NVIDIA MCP61/MCP68 Chipset Driver (include chipset\lan\sata raid driver)

Also the first VGA NVIDIA MCP61/MCP68 VGA driver