Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD: tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

shishirn

shishirn

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I just got my new desktop PC, it's running Windows 7. I've seen this blue screen several times now, randomly. I've attached a photo of the blue on which all the details should be legible. I've also attached the minidump .dmp file associated with the latest crash.

Could you please help and advice what hardware issue this might be related to?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6172.JPG

Attached Files

Advertisements

shishirn

shishirn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
This is the full problem signature:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 000000000000001C
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF88001E8624E
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Have you updated your network drivers recently? If so, try rolling it back to the previous level from Device Manager.

Click on Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
Expand Network Adapters
Double click on your network card.
Click on the Driver tab.
Click the Roll Back Driver button and follow directions.

shishirn

shishirn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, thanks for your reply. No I haven't updated any network drivers.. could it be anything else? One thing that I've noticed is that it always happened when I was away from my computers and never in front of me. So I turned off the auto monitor turn off from power options...and then left the computer on the whole night and it didn't crash. So could it be something related to turning monitors off?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sorry but I don't understand what you did. Can you explain what you mean by

I turned off the auto monitor turn off from power options

If you mean setting in Power Options to never turn off the monitor, then no, I don't see how that could have any effect on tcpip crashes. They are totally unrelated.

If you turned off allowing Power Options to turn off the network card then yes, that could have an effect.

shishirn

shishirn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yap that's exactly what I did, but as you said, it has not affected anything because the crashes are still happening.

I haven't updated any network drivers. I went into the Device Manager and checked both network adapters. The "Rollback Driver" options were both greyed out and I couldn't click on them, presumably because I haven't made any driver updates.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the make and model of the computer?

You could try updating the network device driver if there is a later version available, either from the manufacturer or via Windows Update.