Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

txt files are empty

• Please log in to reply

hostedge

hostedge

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I made a dvd backup of pictures in jpg and jpeg format a couple of years ago and when I try to open them it tells me that windows doesnt recognize the format. I backed them up with nero(dont remember which version) on a Microsoft Vista computer. I also have 4 txt documents that I try opening with notepad and they open empty but the file sizes are correct which leads me to believe the files are still ok but windows 7 cant read them for some reason. What should I do? I attached one of them if someone could please help...

ThanX

Attached Files

Edited by hostedge, 20 July 2011 - 06:28 PM.

Advertisements

gorham

gorham

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I'm by no means an expert on this... The only thing that comes to mind when I read this is you say you used Nero to backup the files, did you try using Nero's backitup software to restore the files?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The file you uploaded is 42Kb in size and is complete filled with X'00' (hexadecimal zeros). There is nothing else in it.