Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD player is selective on what disc to play!

• Please log in to reply

KillingTime

KillingTime

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Looking for some help with my DVD/CD player! it will play certain CD or DVD but with others it doesn`t. I try to install COD4 doesnt read it, burns CDs OK, Burns Some DVDs Ok. Installed Call of Duty 2 OK. plays burned CDs sometimes. It has been selective on what it wants to read. I have cleaned the player with dry cleaner and blew the player out with can of air. but I feel as if something else is the problem. I have the SP2 for vista and i am thinking that it started to do this after the install,but cant be to forsure. any HELP would be appreciated. ITS A : ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L ATA DEVICE SATA

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi KillingTime :)
Possible causes are a failing drive and a loose or bad SATA cable, disconnect the power cord etc, open the case and before reaching inside ground yourself by touching a bare metal part of the case and then inspect the data cables and power leads from the drive, try a spare or new cable if possible, as drives are mechanical they will eventually fail.
New drives are inexpensive and not difficult to replace http://www.newegg.co...N82E16827135204