Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS P5LD2 driver conflict? Intel 82801GB driver?

• Please log in to reply

Rocket Man

Rocket Man

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Folks,

Config info first:
ASUS P5LD2, 3 GB RAM, 500 GB SATA HD
Pentium IV CPU
Intel 945P chipset
Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
Dual-Core CPU Ready
FSB 533
DDR2 553
Marvell PCIe Gbit LAN

I just rebuild an Windows XP Pro (including all Service Packs up to SP3) system after a bad virus attack. And now I can't get the system to load. The system just dies about a minute after the Windows booting screen appears. No messages or blue screen. It looks like a conflict of some kind to me.

I originally tried to build the new system on the ASUS system but as soon as Windows and its drivers are loaded from the CDROM (which Window's can't read later) it dies and gave blue screen "...007B" location. So I built the drive on another system and then added the SATA disk and tried to reboot.

I can run in "safe" mode. However, I get a "found new hardware" alert message as soon as I Startup. The device manager shows only one yellow question mark. There is no information about the device type. If I look at the driver details it displays "ACPI\ATK0110\1010110".

My CDROM does not appear to work either. It shows up in device manager and Windows Explorer OK. I have tried several different drives which work on other systems I have.

I have loaded and re-load all the chip set drivers from Intel several times. I have loaded all the drivers from ASUS for my motherboard. I originally had many conflicts and now have it down to one. I have tried to find a Intel 82801GB driver, but can't. Somewhere along the line someone thought it might be that driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been working on this for three days and run out of ideas. Thanks.

Russ--aka--Rocket Man

Advertisements

Rocket Man

Rocket Man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Folks,

I solved my problem. It was a conflict issue between my new SATA drive and the DVD R/W unit. I use a different DVD player and we were off to the races.