Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

not sure if this is correct place

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. Please edit your post as explained.

Can a keyboard get infected then spread a virus to another PC?

The simple straightforward answer is NO.

3. Many keyboards do not come with driver software. The drivers are installed automatically when the keyboard is connected. If you go to Device Manager and expand the entry for keyboards and then open the item, you will then see the Driver tab. It is very unlikely it is driver related, it is more likely to be another issue.

4. NORTON - I would recommend uninstalling it, you presumably have the security details to reinstall if the uninstall does not solve your problems

The best advice I can give you at this stage is to uninstall ALL of
Norton Internet Security

You can if these are the paid for edition, reinstall them using your provided access key, or whatever Norton requires.
I feel reasonably certain that you will immediately notice an improvement.

Install this it is anti-virus and anti-spyware. It is free and uses less resources than more or less any other free such programs.
http://www.microsoft....s/default.aspx

Uninstall Norton using Add/Remove Programs and then the removal tool.
http://majorgeeks.co....NRT_d4749.html

Norton causes many problems.

One of the most recommended free antivirus on GeekstoGo is Microsoft Security Essentials.

AS ALWAYS when uninstalling something of this nature and using a removal program, create a restotre point BEFORE doing so.
Then if anything goes wrong you can go back to the restore point.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 31 August 2011 - 01:43 PM.

Advertisements

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
i was going to buy a new board, now I'll wait to see if this works
I gave the CDF to my mom, she is returning it tommorrow.
BBL

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
no solution.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Download and install this if you can get the keyboard and mouse working while you do
Please send the results as a screenshot. -
Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I get the feeling I should also be reating this as a possible worm.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Please download PC Wizard from this site and run that. I would like a comparison.
http://www.cpuid.com.../pc-wizard.html
On the link, you will see in the left hand pane, twelve icons. on the bottom row, the middle icon is voltages and temps. When you have the program running please send a screenshot of that.

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have no clue wat you''re talkig about. I went to the link, clicked the green d/l button on tyop right, ran it below is scrnsht. Youknow, I had to ditch firefox 6 and return to 3.6. Going to ctnrl pnnl I saw Norton Internet security 2006. I swore i uninstalled it~~~ Windows won't let me 'remove'. I just did it again thru start/programs, but it called itself 2011.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.JPG

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I regret to infrom you that you have not read my post carefully enough.
I asked you to download PC Wizard.

Please download PC Wizard from this site and run that.

The download link is to the right of the PC Wizard image.

The one you clicked on is 3 Easy steps for a Faster PC which as you have seen is RegCleanPro. I hope you have NOT run this, as we do not recommend such programs, generally they are useless and frequently they are dangerous to the health of the computer. I recommend if you have NOT run the program, that you immediately uninstall it, using the add/remove programs feature in Control Panel.

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
<<Please download PC Wizard from this site and run that. I would like a comparison.
http://www.cpuid.com.../pc-wizard.html
On the link, you will see in the left hand pane, twelve icons. on the bottom row, the middle icon is voltages and temps. When you have the program running please send a screenshot of that. >>
Let's see "On the link, you will see in the left hand pane, twelve icons. on the bottom row, the middle icon is voltages and temps. When you have the program running please send a screenshot of that" or "to the right of the Pc wwizzaard image."
you need to follow you're own directions before you post them.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
zeek-i-said
I am sorry but I cannot understand the point you are making.

This part of my post

The download link is to the right of the PC Wizard image.

was NOT in my post 51, that is why, it is not part of the quote in post 53.
I was attempting to help you further by inidcating to you the exact position of the download on that page I provided the link to.

When you go to the page, you see an image of a screen from PCWizard, that was the meaning of the first post on this matter.
I am sorry you downloaded the incorrect program offered on the page, but there is no suggestion anywhere I can find that the 3 Easy steps for a Faster PC is indicated as PCWizard.

you need to follow you're own directions before you post them

I am still not certain, what you are trying to convey here.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
zeek-i-said

I am offline until Friday.
Please let me know how things are going, especially if you have been able to try another keyboard, but at this time I think it may be a power issue.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
zeek-i-said
It has now been nine days since your last post on this thread.
Is the problem solved please.
Do you still require help.
If it is solved please post and kindly indicate what the solution was. Such a post assists people browsing the threads if they have a similar problem.
If you no longer require help please just post indicating that.
Thank you.

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
<<It has now been nine days since your last post on this thread.
Is the problem solved please.>>
no
>>Do you still require help.>>
you're too confusing, I'll go elswhere.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

you're too confusing, I'll go elswhere.

I am sorry you are of the opinion that you found my efforts to help confusing.
If you wish you can contact a Senior staff member and ask for the thread to be reviewed, click http://www.geekstogo...tats&do=leaders, or I will do that for you.
We at GeekstoGo, pride ourselves on our reputation that all members asking for help, leave the thread, even if it is not possible to solve the problem, with the opinion that all possible has been done.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 31 August 2011 - 04:49 PM.

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
in the past 2 weeks
The otherday's AM cold/boot the mouse did not work. It just might be having a USB problem also... I have a dino-lite microscope for imaging and inspecting coins via USB. It was on when I did the restore/ more like a reformat. Of course it shut down. As soon I could I d/led and installed the driver. It told me the scope was not plugged in. I though it was because I not yet installed Windows updates, not even SP3. When all was, same thing. I dug for the CD and found it/installed/same thing. I unplugged/rebooted then plugged it in the front USB and the wizzard kicked on, it works now.
New USB keyboard.
Same USB Marblemouse.
I do have a spare, but...
Same problem.
I also use a USB Dino-lite digital microscope. I only have 2 USB plugs in the rear and 2 up front. If I plug the keyboard in front, Dino in rear the Dino does not work, but the keyboard will in it's place. go figure. I know the keyboard in rear works.
Going on even further, I unplugged the new keyboard. Sudenly yesterday if I typed o the characters, pqwe would form, l woul form a C sy,mbol with a + on bottom. If I pushed down on o for 2 seconds, Outlok Express would launch. I acidently kept my finger on shift too long and filter keys popped up. I clicked settings to turn off the option, I do that a lot. As I read the options I concluded this was the problem and chosej things. -WRONG- Now I have no key repeats. I cant even scroll. How can I restore defaults?